Ford v Ferrari RCR cars for sale

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
What’s the ticket price for this? And, I presume street legal?

Yes, street legal (although we have an FIA race version too). The price for complete New Scarab, turnkey is about $180k-$200k depending on some extra options mostly around engine package and HP. We are the only ones that make the Scarab and own the trademark and copyright. Many of the original Scarab team helped make this project a success and are still involved.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pathetic.

Get a Corvette
You do know who he is, right? Well, given he designed both the 63 split window and the Daytona Coupe he has his choices...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
In the movie did it for me!

When I saw it in the movie, I agree. What a great design. Gorgeous. Send us pics or start a thread when you get it. Question is: we know the Superformance cars can/will perform like(or better) than the original GT40. What about these other replicas?

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
10 years ago I had Fran at RCR cars build this P4 replica for me. I located a 6 Weber carbed Ferrari V12 engine and mated a Porsche 930 transaxle for him to use. His aluminum monocoque chassis work is awesome. It's a beautiful car and sounds incredible at high rpm. It was about 90% completed when I received it from his facility 2 years later. I still love it.p4-01.jpegp4-02.jpegp4-03.jpeg

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
10 years ago I had Fran at RCR cars build this P4 replica for me. I located a 6 Weber carbed Ferrari V12 engine and mated a Porsche 930 transaxle for him to use. His aluminum monocoque chassis work is awesome. It's a beautiful car and sounds incredible at high rpm. It was about 90% completed when I received it from his facility 2 years later. I still love it.View attachment 58687View attachment 58688View attachment 58689
Wow—gorgeous! Reminds me a bit of Jim Glickenhaus’s 1966 P3/4 0846.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
10 years ago I had Fran at RCR cars build this P4 replica for me. I located a 6 Weber carbed Ferrari V12 engine and mated a Porsche 930 transaxle for him to use. His aluminum monocoque chassis work is awesome. It's a beautiful car and sounds incredible at high rpm. It was about 90% completed when I received it from his facility 2 years later. I still love it.View attachment 58687View attachment 58688View attachment 58689
Beautiful!!!!

do you have any interior photos? Thanks!

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
A few more photos:
P4-06.jpegP4-05.jpeg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That must sound incredible! Ear protection when driving?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Having the opportunity drive this beast I can confirm it very loud and a handful to navigate on a county road. I can not imagine what it would was like for the courageous drivers racing in this era.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You do know who he is, right? Well, given he designed both the 63 split window and the Daytona Coupe he has his choices...

Of course I know who he is. Jesus Christ, why do you think I made my comment?

Have some freaking class and power your Ford with a Ford.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have to confess, I agree.

power your Ford with a Ford.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Superformance Ken Miles car sold for $484k at Mecum. I'd say the RCR cars are a much better deal.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Superformance Ken Miles car sold for $484k at Mecum. I'd say the RCR cars are a much better deal.
I think it’s a “movie provenance / as driven by Christian Bale in Ford vs. Ferrari” premium. I’d probably just get a “regular” Superformance...

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Dang!!!! That is really strong money, but on the other hand, it looks like a bargain next to the Bullitt car.

QSS

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well make the superformance disappear for 45 years, get Ford involved with its reintroduction to the world, then send it to auction, $3.7m might not be such a stretch.

it looks like a bargain next to the Bullitt car.