Ford to favor loyal Ford owners in allocating new GT

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Oh man.

Really, all this discourse about dots and # of posts.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
So here is the true secret formula

Number of Ford GT Forum posts +
Number of green dots*10 +
Number of red dots*100 +
Number of miles on your Ford GT(s) +
Number of track miles in a Ford +
Number of track miles in a Ford GT*10 +
Number of rallies attended*100 +
Number of cylinders in Ford vehicles you've owned during your lifetime*10 +
Number of drinks you've bought for Ford GT designers*10

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Oh man.

Really, all this discourse about dots and # of posts.

You are allowed to skip over/ignore them. :wink

Problem/issue resolved... :biggrin

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
DSCN0042.jpgDSCN0037.jpg

<<saw a Mangusta in your tag line... Big time Drool... congrats and please share a pic of it.>>

Very happy to share. I just love my Goose- and its Ford engine!

These photos do not show paint color accurately. It is the (original and rare) color of "rame metallizato", a fiery copper metallic

Attachments

• DSCN0038.jpg
    DSCN0038.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 458
  • DSCN0041.jpg
    DSCN0041.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Stunning!!!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I am guessing still no word for the online application? I am patiently waiting to get a big brother for mine to play with
3SJM9AOl.jpg

2W85QZyl.jpg

dvAlHKzl.jpg

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
No word yet

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Ah - the Hogback! (UT 12)

One of my favorites

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mine too Ralphie!

Attachments

• 20140718_200722.jpg
    20140718_200722.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 355

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I've got a question for you guys. I've owned Fords since I was a kid and also bought cars from the PAG group when it was owned by Ford. Should I also include the purchases of Aston Martin and Range Rovers in the upcoming 2017 ford gt application?

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Stunning!!!

Yes, the Mangusta is gorgeous design but almost impossible to drive. The Pantera was a major ergonomic improvement. I can actually drive mine a couple hundred miles and still get out of the car without a Chiropracter!

usmcfred

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Yes, the Mangusta is gorgeous design but almost impossible to drive. The Pantera was a major ergonomic improvement. I can actually drive mine a couple hundred miles and still get out of the car without a Chiropracter!

usmcfred

Good to know, its always been on my favorite list, I remember when they were expensive at $90k... My father owned a '72 Pantera (speed yellow, which is why I picked my GT in that color combo) and although he liked it, he said it was a difficult car to enjoy... I never understood the statement, but also never drove one myself... a regret I hope to fix one day :wink

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I remember when they were expensive at $90k >> Wow, those were the days. I suspect they are going to continue the upward price spiral- they are truly special and rare.

The Mangusta is a very low car, and has tight headroom for tall guys, but there are ways around that, esp by lowering and altering seats. With modern tires, Mangustas are just fine to drive!

Last edited:

ford GT2

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2016
When Dodge started sales of their '96' Viper coupe program, they sent a coupon to original '93' owners who still owned their original car. That gave you priority to purchase a '96' coupe at MSRP, which I did purchase. My question (this may already be answered somewhere but I'm a proud NEW member so I might of missed it) is, how many current forum members are original FGT owners that still have their cars and will that be a factor?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I was also one of the 96 Viper GT owners using the certificate program. I actually suggested they look at something like this program a year ago...

I am an original Ford GT owner and still own my car as do many on this site... and yes that will count on the purchase requirements, as will miles driven and numerous other things...

ford GT2

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2016
Thank you.

I was hoping they would use a similar program for the new FGT. Even though I was part of the original Viper program in '89', it was almost impossible to buy one, they were not loyal to those who had originally signed up and left us all in the lurch.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We have several hundred members who are original owners, participate in Forum and Ford activities. There is no shortage of wanna be owners here. If you scour this Forum, you'll see how many hopefuls there are. Discount people like Ed Sims and StormCat.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We have several hundred members who are original owners, participate in Forum and Ford activities. There is no shortage of wanna be owners here. If you scour this Forum, you'll see how many hopefuls there are. Discount people like Ed Sims and StormCat.

not saying you are incorrect... just curious... how many forum members bought new from a dealer and still own their ride... not bought second hand... not that is makes a lot of difference.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
not saying you are incorrect... just curious... how many forum members bought new from a dealer and still own their ride... not bought second hand... not that is makes a lot of difference.

If you do a search - that question has been answered many times - look for a poll!