Ford to favor loyal Ford owners in allocating new GT

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
All I need is for someone to click the "Add to this user's reputation" button a hundred times.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Ever wonder what the green dots under your name are for? Ford is counting them.

Don't go messing with my green dots Dr. Pickul :biggrin.... very few original's have them, Jerry, Ed, you, me... EP has them but never drove or owns a FGT......

and yes i know i misspelled your name Frank

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
(1) EP has them but (2) never drove or (3)owns a FGT......

(1) The first to have 'the full set' as a matter of fact (which only came about as an 'inside joke' between BONY and me 'way back when' :wink)

(2) Bald-faced LIE...and yuz knowzzit, yeeew mizzerbull... :mad

(3) Anuthur LIE! I own 6 of them. Okay, so they're all scale models of one size or another, but...:facepalm:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But you have my curiosity, they aren't for each Rally attendance or post count... what are they for?

If you bring up the "members list", you'll see "user name", "join date", "posts", "reputation", and "Avatar" listed at the top of each page. You'll see a single, green, vertical rectangle under "reputation". I guess the more of those one has, the more 'stellar' he's considered to be!

Like I mentioned, in my own case, BONY put the solid row shown on my avatar as a part of an inside joke between the two of us...but, soon thereafter, since I was the only member who had 'em, BONY was plagued with inquiries as to how one might garner said 'green dots'. So, BONY being BONY, he said they could be had for "X" number of dollars each!!! :rofl

So, given that, you now know just how those who have all those "green dots" actually "earned" 'em! :rofl

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Bet i get mine before you.

That rumor is true because I started it,, :biggrin

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Thanks Andy !! .. His note taking was off on a few items but it was a nice surprise to see the article.. Don't plan to do any tracks outside of North American but who knows !! :biggrin.. He also was off on the part about the money and that I was confident about getting one of the first 250 cars. I just hope I get one period !! They say any press is good press !! oh.. and I'm not 55 :wink

I gave you $100 to mention me in that story... What the heck? Are you 56?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
If you bring up the "members list", you'll see "user name", "join date", "posts", "reputation", and "Avatar" listed at the top of each page. You'll see a single, green, vertical rectangle under "reputation". I guess the more of those one has, the more 'stellar' he's considered to be!

Like I mentioned, in my own case, BONY put the solid row shown on my avatar as a part of an inside joke between the two of us...but, soon thereafter, since I was the only member who had 'em, BONY was plagued with inquiries as to how one might garner said 'green dots'. So, BONY being BONY, he said they could be had for "X" number of dollars each!!! :rofl

So, given that, you now know just how those who have all those "green dots" actually "earned" 'em! :rofl

What about the guys with RED dots?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I gave you $100 to mention me in that story... What the heck? Are you 56?

oh.. that hurts !!.. you must have been hanging out Dr. Frank.. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What about the guys with RED dots?

Is that a "gotcha" question?

'Funny thing is, I do seem to remember something about red dots actually being 'pondered' in a tongue-in-cheek fashion waaaaay back when (...if only due to the power of suggestion). But, I don't recall specifically what they were supposed to indicate...other than some 'off-color' connotation was to be associated with 'em (surprise, surprise!). :biggrin

However, since there are no "reds" on BONY's avatar (may he R.I.P.), I have my doubts they ever actually came into being. Why? Because BONY would have made darned sure his avatar had 'em, that's why! :lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm confident the red dots are something bad. Maybe it has to do with the number of deleted posts? LOL

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jerry, you gave the money to the wrong guy. Next time talk to me.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Is that a "gotcha" question?

'Funny thing is, I do seem to remember something about red dots actually being 'pondered' in a tongue-in-cheek fashion waaaaay back when (...if only due to the power of suggestion). But, I don't recall specifically what they were supposed to indicate...other than some 'off-color' connotation was to be associated with 'em (surprise, surprise!). :biggrin

However, since there are no "reds" on BONY's avatar (may he R.I.P.), I have my doubts they ever actually came into being. Why? Because BONY would have made darned sure his avatar had 'em, that's why! :lol

Well... My good friend Bony actually gave me the 1st and I think only "RED" dots! And yes... It may have something to do with the amount of deleted posts :willy:eek:facepalm:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got a red dot when Bony would delete my post count.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Jerry, you gave the money to the wrong guy. Next time talk to me.

I knew I should have trusted the doctor!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't forget who she called a lovely man.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Well... My good friend Bony actually gave me the 1st and I think only "RED" dots!

Well, there you go.

As I mentioned, I vaguely remember the back-and-forth regarding the infamous 'reds'...but I really do not remember you or anyone else actually having received them...even though, in your case, to this day they're sitting right there in plain sight on your avatar (why are 1/2 of them 'pink'? Or do we want to go there?)! :facepalm:

Some people's kids just aren't all that observant...:frown

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
post counts and green and red dots are fine and all, but seems like attendance at one or more rallies would be significant too

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
post counts and green and red dots are fine and all, but seems like attendance at one or more rallies would be significant too

saw a Mangusta in your tag line... Big time Drool... congrats and please share a pic of it.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

My guess is you are correct about attending rally's ... And maybe bonus points for bringing your GT along as well... I guess we will all see in the next few weeks.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Well, there you go.

As I mentioned, I vaguely remember the back-and-forth regarding the infamous 'reds'...but I really do not remember you or anyone else actually having received them...even though, in your case, to this day they're sitting right there in plain sight on your avatar (why are 1/2 of them 'pink'? Or do we want to go there?)! :facepalm:

Some people's kids just aren't all that observant...:frown

The darker red ones were for me, the pink ones belong to my wife... But you will also notice the green dots are also lighter if you have earned a string of them.