Ford Short Shifter

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
Anyone install this into their car yet, I checked old post looking for some new fresh info. or reports out their, Thanks

Milton

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They are always on backorder. I orderd mine in July, was supposed to be in middle of August, it's already middle of Septembe and no shifter. I tried one out at the rally and it felt great. Combine it with Analog's shifter and I can't wait.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Muscle Motors installed mine a couple months ago. It's very nice. You'll like the improvement.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gulf GT said:
Muscle Motors installed mine a couple months ago. It's very nice. You'll like the improvement.

Most short shifters require much more effort to shift. Is this one any different?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
TEXAS GT said:
Most short shifters require much more effort to shift. Is this one any different?
I tend to agree with you, but if the one we examined at the rally is representative, yes, it is different. Very light and smooth - I was impressed. :thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I have one and it is :cheers by far was one of the best modifications that you can do.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Easier then stock.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
tmcphail said:
I have one and it is :cheers by far was one of the best modifications that you can do.

Do the Ford GT Guys install these and do they have a website?

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nice Launch!

Milton:

saw your GT video on mbworld.org. Great launch - no wheelspin, please tell me your secret!

Any E63's show up? I cancelled my E63 order and have an E55 wagon coming in this weekend.

Fun Fords at Englishtown is scheduled for last weekend in October - all northeast GT owners should try to attend- see the raceway park web site for more details. Also the preeminent modular Ford tuner, JDM (teamjdm.com) has tentatively scheduled its customer day at E-town for the second Friday in October - another good chance for GT owners to demonstrate their launch techniques.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
NJGT said:
Milton:

saw your GT video on mbworld.org. Great launch - no wheelspin, please tell me your secret!

Where?? Please post a direct link to the vid in the "sound and fury" section...

Last edited:
Ford shifters

The shifters install in less than an hour and a half and shift very nice. :thumbsup We are getting our shifters from Multimatic suspensions in ! to 2 weeks.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GT Tech Mike said:
The shifters install in less than an hour and a half and shift very nice. :thumbsup We are getting our shifters from Multimatic suspensions in ! to 2 weeks.

Are they official Ford shifters or something else? Is there a price difference?

They are Ford shifter's i can give you the part# :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Isn't it M-7210-GT

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
short shifter

Guys, was the one installed or tested the Ford part or some other unit? Help!