Ford Racing Pulley kit + a few extras 700 HP

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
While I do think the Ford tune i undoubtedly conservative and the pulley is a bit larger, there is absolutely no way that his car only made 525rwhp. Like, no way. If it gets put on a dynojet and shows under 550 I'll eat this laptop. :lol

As Bony said, don't worry about it gtinmyblood. The numbers vary greatly from one set of rollers to the next.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm having a hard time with the "in my estimation" thing. I wish someone who actually knows the numbers for loss would speak up. Surely the guys on the Ford team have those numbers. I agree, all that matters is where the rubber hits the road. At this time I regret ever posting my dyno sheets.

Don't regret it, as the others have said. However, if you really want to correlate/compare your numbers to the majority of us, visit a shop with a Dynojet dyno, which is the most common chassis dyno you will encounter. Have them run the car, and get a printout of the curves with SAE correction, and uncorrected numbers. The latter look especially good this time of year if it's a bit chilly, as your intercooler gains tremendous efficiency.

Enjoy that awesome ride, dyno or not!:cheers

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Quote"if you really want to correlate/compare your numbers to the majority of us, visit a shop with a Dynojet dyno, "end quote.

I think that's really a good idea. I have a conversation going with Jason Heffener about it. He says the GT750 usually has 640 to 650 RWHP. Somewhere I seem to be missing about 100HP. Could it be the quality of the tune or the dufference between a mustang dyno anda dynojet? I'd have no prob shipping it to Jason for an extra 100hp just out of a tune!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I suspect the Heffner small pulley would net you 30-40 more rwhp than your tune; just an educated guess. You're probably going to see 570-580 rwhp, SAE Dynojet, with your current setup.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
i will chase down a dyno jet and see what it does and let you all know. What is the size difference between the heffener pulley and the ford racing pulley? What boost difference is generated? I will look into that with Jason as well.