Ford Racing M-5230-GTX Off-Road Cat Delete Pipes......running low!!!!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Ice, the only I have to say to you is: why are you driving around 2000rpm!!!! Problem solved!!

Ed

BTW I am running a cat deletes with Accufab. It drones at around 2000 rpm and is a too loud when crusing to hear my bluetooth phone.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ice, the only I have to say to you is: why are you driving around 2000rpm!!!! Problem solved!!

Ed

Trying to be green, cruising for gas mileage. :lol

Can downshift to 5th to have a nice music coming from the pipes. Remember I have the 3.9 gears.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
My window sticker doesn't list the gear ratio. Where can I find out what my car is equipped with?

Gas mileage? My car gets SPG. Smiiiiiiles per gallon. :) I used to own a Honda RC51 v-twin liter bike. People would often ask me how many MPG I could get out of it. My answer? Hell if I know! The light comes on, I put more gas in it!

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
...and thank you MMP for the quick same day shipping. Can't wait to get them!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
My window sticker doesn't list the gear ratio. Where can I find out what my car is equipped with?

Gas mileage? My car gets SPG. Smiiiiiiles per gallon. :) I used to own a Honda RC51 v-twin liter bike. People would often ask me how many MPG I could get out of it. My answer? Hell if I know! The light comes on, I put more gas in it!

The only ratio from the factory was around 3.3 - 3.34.

A few of us got Stillens 3.9 gears installed. They are all sold out.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Ahh, gotcha.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Is there an easy way to check if all the OBD monitors are clear? Say with and SCT tuner device?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Is there an easy way to check if all the OBD monitors are clear? Say with and SCT tuner device?

Not with the SCT, I used this, cheap and shows all of the monitors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PYBZJO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I think they have better versions now using bluetooth. The OBDwiz diagnostic software shows the monitors.

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I ordered the bluetooth version and the android Torque Pro app. Not bad for under $30....I'll report back how this works. Reviews on other Fords are great and the app looks very useful.

Thanks! had no idea this level of diagnostic tool had gotten so cheap.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Did you know 4th, 5th and 6th are all overdrive?

gtspecs.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
2112 you have the headers, Jack if refering to the FRPP cat delete pipes that only replace the cats and connect between the stock OEM exhaust manifolds and the muffler or X/H pipe.

Yes, The GTX thru me. Mine are 9430-GTX and the 5230 is GT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you know 4th, 5th and 6th are all overdrive?

View attachment 27711

According to the DVD that came with the car - from the Nascar guy that DBK(?) posted from someone that youtubed it, "The car does 0-62 in first gear, so every gear above first gear is overdrive. You accelerate in every gear. If you get to 6th it will be your only call from jail. call me." Or something like that. I did 160 in 4th and wasn't anywhere close to 5th. I25 north of Cheyenne, WY.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Interesting. It's definitely geared different than my GT500. I typically cruise the highway at 80 in 5th in the 500. 6th drones out a bit too much with my Borla pipes.

In the GT I feel like I'm almost lugging the motor if I run 80 in 5th/6th.

Love love love this car. I want to get my exhaust and short throw on it and go have fun!