Ford Racing Long tube headers

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I have a borla exhaust and i want to add ford racing long tube headers. Can anyone please let me know how it sounds and post sound clips if you have. Also will it pass smog.

Thanks

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Not in CA, since the headers eliminate the cats.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
Waconia MN
I put on the long tube's with the stock muffler and it sound's great. Get rid of the cats and let her breath you will be very happy. If your in Cal. well you reap what you so

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I have a borla exhaust and i want to add ford racing long tube headers. Can anyone please let me know how it sounds and post sound clips if you have. Also will it pass smog.

Thanks

sound second to none, emissions will not pass//.. sent you PM

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I put on the long tube's with the stock muffler and it sound's great. Get rid of the cats and let her breath you will be very happy. If your in Cal. well you reap what you so

if you get rid of the cats, like with the long tube headers, you need to adjust the A/F if you have done a tune. If not, the installation of the long tube headers will increase horsepower and reduce consumption, as it improved fill of the cylinders reducing backpressure.

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
Waconia MN
I put the headers to the stock muffler so I still have back pressure and the computer did adjust the a/f to a nice flat 12 all the way through the pull.
But I still will do a tune when the snow melts.