Ford Oem Windshield, intergrated antenna out of stock. I need one

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
This is what I have been told. The only windshield that Ford has right now is with out the integrated antenna. Who of you out there has one for sale with the antenna?
Best regards, Rich at The Mustang Ranch 303-931-5412

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
rich- received your call. no help here-sorry. scott

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Antenna does not work very well anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Antenna does not work very well anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
The antenna in mine works great--about as good as the antenna on my van, which is the usual 31" straight antenna. I don't have any trouble holding FM stations out to 50 miles or more. Maybe you have a bad connection.

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
The GT has a radio?
��

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
You mean that clock is a radio too??? lol

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Ok, long story short. The new windshields now do not come with an antenna. Just leave the lead disconnected at the top. The antenna lead has an amplifier/ booster already wired in the car. Why it took so long to figure this out I don't know. Any way reception is just the same. Best regards, Rich at TMR

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Last year I had to order 3 windshields to get one that had the antenna not pulled away from the glass in some area. I think they pulled the antennas off as they may not be really needed & they weren't sticking to the glass well anyway.

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The GT Guys say they run into this often. They rejected one when I needed it. Then the lead fell off after installation. I reglued the lead with some special antenna lead glue I found, and all is well.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I thought "The Mustang Ranch" was a bordello...so Riches screen name is Rockstar indicating a musical background; my god, piano player in a cat-house, my dream job of all time!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I reglued the lead with some special antenna lead glue I found, and all is well.

Talk about a highly specialized product.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Talk about a highly specialized product.
Permatex Rear Window Defogger Electrically Conductive Tab Adhesive.

Item #21351.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Have gotten in 4 OEM windshields in the past 2 weeks. ALL have antennas. I'm having a run of after market windshields done without antennas for the race guys and exact GT fitment to some kit cars but the OEMs are still available with the metal tape and connector.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Good to know!

Ed