Ford GtX1 ??

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You X1ers know who drives the orange with grey stripe x1 around Woodland Hills California? Its absolutely gorgeous and Im always too late to catch him!!! :)

Fill the rest of us in! :bored .:biggrin

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
You X1ers know who drives the orange with grey stripe x1 around Woodland Hills California? Its absolutely gorgeous and Im always too late to catch him!!! :)

It's a guy by the name of John C, he's a Dentist. I've hooked up with him a couple of times, and used the same paint guy he uses locally.

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
The GTX1 also has 700 HP and a lowered suspension. They got the 700 HP by putting on a different pulley and exhaust.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
The GTX1 also has 700 HP and a lowered suspension. They got the 700 HP by putting on a different pulley and exhaust.

Not exactly correct. Not all the X1's had this done.....

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Not exactly correct. Not all the X1's had this done.....

...and some had more done. One of Shelby#18 GTX1's has TT and probably close to 1,000 HP at the wheels :cheers

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
...and some had more done. One of Shelby#18 GTX1's has TT and probably close to 1,000 HP at the wheels :cheers

I would be interested in seeing some pictures of Shelby#18 car!! I think the GTX1 cars get very little exposure, maybe because not so many made. They are definately beautiful looking cars!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I would be interested in seeing some pictures of Shelby#18 car!! I think the GTX1 cars get very little exposure, maybe because not so many made. They are definately beautiful looking cars!

And a Big Thank You to Kip Ewing for that!!! :thumbsup

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.

Here are links to previous threads with photo's....

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11147&highlight=studio+shots

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17759&highlight=studio+shots

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Could you have upholstered over the dash airbag when you redid the dash? Meaning if one wanted to, can they?

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina

Do you even drive the car since all that work has been done to it? :eek The car is absolutely stunning, great pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Do you even drive the car since all that work has been done to it? :eek The car is absolutely stunning, great pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

Ohhh yeah.... been to more than a few track events, local car shows, and just cruising with both cars. Still not a lot of miles on them since I have more than a few vehicles. Thank you for the kind comments, always good to hear. :thumbsup

Could you have upholstered over the dash airbag when you redid the dash? Meaning if one wanted to, can they?

Sorry, I'm not qualified to answer that question.

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
Shelby - Interesting. I based my comment on what Jeremy said on Top Gear in his review of the GTX1, i.e., 700 HP and lowered. I guess Genaddi did different things to different GTX1s?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I guess Genaddi did different things to different GTX1s?

Yes, there were other options. For my cars I never went with the pulley. I had the GT Guys finish my cars when Genaddi fell apart in the winter of '07.

Last edited:

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
It's a guy by the name of John C, he's a Dentist. I've hooked up with him a couple of times, and used the same paint guy he uses locally.

Is he on the forum? Whats his Forum name? Hope to see that car soon as well as your cars Rick. I have never seen the Blue one yet

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Is he on the forum?

No, not on the forum.

Aug 25, 2006

Mechanically yes however it would preclude the airbag from operating properly; do "not" do it.

Shadowman

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Mechanically yes however it would preclude the airbag from operating properly; do "not" do it.

Shadowman

Just curious, How does the Airbag "lid" open? Is it on a hinge or does it just blow off?

Aug 25, 2006
Just curious, How does the Airbag "lid" open? Is it on a hinge or does it just blow off?

Most of them split open....... "no" flying pieces

Shadowman