Ford GTs' Suspension Question. ???

Pipelion

How come,

Jeramy Clarksons' Red Ford GT looks so much flatter and stiff on the Top Gear Video,

than the Red Ford GT shown in the "Joe's GT" IMV video. Joe is a member of this forum and his car is modded and fast, but his GTs' nose rises and falls like crazy.

When someone cordially posted the latest Top Gear Ford GT video, that car looks dead flat. Jeramy seamed to have just recieved his car, when that video was shot. Did Ford change suspension settings?

Thanks,

Allan

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My guess is that Joe has much more HP, drag tires and knows how to launch the car. Jeremy doesn't really accelerate that fast.

BlackICE

Pipelion

Blackice,

I think that 10:44 at 144mph video is Joes also . The video I was talking about was the old one. Joe's car now looks like a total beast. With that much horse power he could tear off a front bumper. His car doesn't seam to be lifting even though he has more HP. The car is now twisting tortionally.

I hate to disagree, but Clackson is hauling a$$ in the video I've seen. He was taking some tight corners at 75 or so. And when he talks about breaks he's doing about 120 and just slams the brakes. Yet his GT stays flat.

In the early IMV video, one of the camera guys excellerates in a short straight (150 yrds), then hammers the brakes. The nose takes a dive and compresses almost two feet. 14 -20"

Maybe it was just the right motions to cause that effect.

Take care,

Allan

ReiKo

Mar 8, 2006
Grosse Pointe, MI
Ford didn't change no suspenion work at all...

Pipelion

Thanks for the inside info,

Allan