Ford GT's Getting Flagged by CARB!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Picked up this easy to use Foxwell unit, which has a one touch I/M Readiness feature and an easy to read display.

IMG_9410.jpg

Reactions: MGinLA

MGinLA

Jul 28, 2020
Calabasas, CA
When the CAT reset came up green and ready, that was the best feeling of relief! I went to the Smog Station immediately. Now I have to replace the small gauges so the battery will get disconnected and the Monitors will need to be reset again in two years.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Is there testing for antique cars required? Would be five more years. None here in Northern Arizona.

MGinLA

Jul 28, 2020
Calabasas, CA
California Air Resources Board (CARB or ARB) requires all cars 1975 or newer to be tested every two years. Depending on the year they just test for the Monitors to be ready. Some of the older cars must go on the Dyno and be tested.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
When the CAT reset came up green and ready, that was the best feeling of relief! I went to the Smog Station immediately. Now I have to replace the small gauges so the battery will get disconnected and the Monitors will need to be reset again in two years.
Absolutely no need to disconnect the battery to replace the gauges. Leave it connected - but obviously leave the ignition off.

After you replace a battery (or clear engine codes with an OBD2 device), the monitors will reset. Over the course of NORMAL driving, the monitors will all set - most likely within 100 miles or so.

MGinLA

Jul 28, 2020
Calabasas, CA
Thank you. I was going to call you tomorrow.