Ford GT trans cooler? any good ideas?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
I am farily new to the GT world amd I am looking for an alternative transmission cooler kit for my GT. The one that Ford sells (wholesale) is about $2,000. Dose any one have info on another cooler kit? Best regards, ROCKSTAR.

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
Call kendal at 1-818-254-6055.his cooler is less expensive and better.kendal is a supporting member.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks so much for the info! ROCKSTAR

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Call Kendall !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Who is charging you that much for a Ford cooler? Should be around $1500 at most.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We can get you the trans cooler from ford MUCH cheaper. Kendalls unit is also very nice

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Rockstar,

You can read all about the GT-specific cooler that we offer by clicking on the link below. We always keep a supply of coolers in stock so we can fulfill orders when they come in.

Here's the link: http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford/gt_transaxle_cooler.htm

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Man, you guy's are great! Thanks for sharing with me. I want to invite you to my profile page, it may take me a couple of weeks to get it up and running but I want to share my fords with you, my new friends.
Best regards, ROCKSTAR Rich Barnes at The Mustang Ranch in Golden, Colorado.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
FRPP OEM case closed.

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
Cooltech

Cooltech unit!! Kendall is da man

H

HHGT

Kendall's unit in my opinion is better looking and better engineered. Look at the fittings and you be your own judge.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
.....Call Rich and Dennis at The GT GUYS.(734) 658-9498

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Just finished putting on our first Cooltech cooler and it is by far way nicer than the Ford Racing in everyway. I will be installing one on my personal car very soon.:thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I have a Cooltech. I also followed Black Ice's suggestion of a thermostat. Nota4re/ Kendall custom fit it for me with a real bracket for the install! Also bought standard line just in case the thermo goes out......

...............below is an excerpt from a PM from BlackIce about the thermo Kendall custom fit!...

"This is the thermostat that I bought in AN8 size.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1226

It is big and a little heavy, but that way I don't have to worry about any flow problems. Note that these thermostats always flow oil to through the cooler in parallel to the normal flow. When the oil is warm enough it routes all of the oil to the coooler."

Cooltech is the way to go!

Kendall :thumbsup

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Just finished putting on our first Cooltech cooler and it is by far way nicer than the Ford Racing in everyway.

Couldn't agree with you more.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Call Kendall for sure !!