Ford GT To Race in Long Beach, CA

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
It has been fun to observe all the fun and camaraderie you all had this weekend in Daytona. My hope is that by the IMSA event this April 15-16 at the Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix, the race teams will have been atop the Podium and ready for another 1-2 finish. According to the Ford Racing website the GT will be there. However, the schedule also lists Silverstone that weekend as well......

I think the West Coast GT Forum members need to share in the excitement and figure out how to get together, enjoy one another's company, our GTs, and a Ford GT win.

Anyone here have any contacts with the LBGP or know the ropes?

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
It has been fun to observe all the fun and camaraderie you all had this weekend in Daytona. My hope is that by the IMSA event this April 15-16 at the Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix, the race teams will have been atop the Podium and ready for another 1-2 finish. According to the Ford Racing website the teams will be there.

I think the West Coast GT Forum members need to share in the excitement and figure out how to get together, enjoy one another's company, our GTs, and a Ford GT win.

Anyone here have any contacts with the LBGP or know the ropes?

Monica and I will plan on getting there and hope to hook up with you Kevin. What a great year this is going to be!:biggrin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I've gone two times...and I will say this diplomatically...it's salty crowd!

Not a venue to bring GTs; unless there isn roped off corral with security.

Best bet it to park in Westin Hotel Parking and maybe group there in Lobby for brunch /drinks and walk across st to ticket booths. There's also a convention area where Ford may do display and GT group area.

VIP stands OR paddock pass is way to go as infield always has clowns/troublemakers.....IMHO

Survived 22yrs on rough streets of NYC and BOTH times at LB had issues.

Last edited:

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
I've done Long Beach a few times. It's absolutely the best street circuit in the western hemisphere. I live in Detroit and Belle Isle is definitely no Long Beach.

As for the event, it's all SUPER compact, so I would guess there is no space for a GT corral, but I could be wrong. The whole track is very small (only about 2 miles, maybe less), so you can walk the whole thing very easily. There are great vantage points all over the place, so I'd definitely recommend seeing them all.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I've done the Mothers paddock, not bad...

http://www.gplb.com/mothers-paddock/

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Susan and I just got back from Daytona yesterday and you are correct Kevin it is a blast. We intend on going. Anytime we can support the Ford GT's return to racing is a good time as far as we are concerned. Count us in.

Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I thought I read that they will be at Laguna Seca as well...

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I thought I read that they will be at Laguna Seca as well...

They will Jerry.

Vince H

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
They will Jerry.

Vince H
Does anyone know when?(Laguna Seca) Any Nor Cal owners going to Long Beach?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Does anyone know when?(Laguna Seca) Any Nor Cal owners going to Long Beach?

May 1.
Here is the site I am getting my information from.

http://racing.ford.com/series/road-...hedule-for-2016.html?fmccmp=vhp-module-racing

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I've done the Mothers paddock, not bad...

http://www.gplb.com/mothers-paddock/

Chris, that particular link says "Sunday, outside Turn 9". Do you know if the paddock is active on Saturday, as that is the day the GT will race?
Thanks.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA