Ford GT, the all weather fun car

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
7BE0ECB7-BD18-4666-92DE-B7E52140FA16.jpeg7BE0ECB7-BD18-4666-92DE-B7E52140FA16.jpegAnyone here belong to this? Buddy sent it to me from downtown area Orlando asking if it was me. I only know of three heritage cars in central Florida. Maybe now a fourth.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Cool pic :cool: 👍

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
That's the way to treat these cars. Drive em rain or shine.......... or you can keep it pristine for the next owner.

QSS

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Sorry, can't help with the ID, but that picture reminds me of a couple GT rally trips.

One from Dallas to College Station for Rally IV, and the other, heading to VIR from the hotel during Rally V

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I bet that’s our member “Hooked on GT”…Stu
He‘s got a heritage and lives in Orlando.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Awesome to see this with a Heritage. $600k plus running in the rain. Way too cool. Bet it’s Hooked on GT as well. Way to go!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Both I was on Hoosier R6 basically slicks, because of Texas (yeah scary, even for me), I left it at the hotel the next time.

One from Dallas to College Station for Rally IV, and the other, heading to VIR from the hotel during Rally V

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Awesome to see this with a Heritage. $600k plus running in the rain. Way too cool. Bet it’s Hooked on GT as well. Way to go!
I thought it might be him as well but he had a “3” on his car last time I saw it. KO

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I thought it might be him as well but he had a “3” on his car last time I saw it. KO

Stu switched to "6". Some pics in his thread on a track day at Sebring, running number 6. Same Gulf logo on clamshell.

Reactions: Kpgarage

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Busted ....that was me in the dumping rain the other day.
I was going to a place in Longwood (Window Tint Z) to get a quote on Xpel install locations on the car and pricing.

I drove like I had a boiling cup of coffee in my lap, likeI had the pope in there.
I hate that feeling of hitting water and the car slows or jigs a little.
Was worried that I was going to fog up the front screen as I cant switch out of the "face" setting on the dial. No problem as its didn't happen.
Hosed it off when I got home and tucked her away.

I had a 2004 Gallardo, and in the wet it was so easy to drive and actually fun.... not the GT.

Theres a Heritage owner that live near me also in Windermere that has one with less then 500 miles on it (maybe more like 250).
I got to drive his car in late 2005 and he said "I know a guy high up in Ford who can get you one"
He said "Do you mind if its a Heritage like mine"
"I want it bad" was my reply

My numbers are a botch... 3 on the hood 6's on the door and 59 on the clam shell.... confuses cops

Stuart.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
My numbers are a botch... 3 on the hood 6's on the door and 59 on the clam shell.... confuses cops

😁

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Busted ....that was me in the dumping rain the other day.
I was going to a place in Longwood (Window Tint Z) to get a quote on Xpel install locations on the car and pricing.

I drove like I had a boiling cup of coffee in my lap, likeI had the pope in there.
I hate that feeling of hitting water and the car slows or jigs a little.
Was worried that I was going to fog up the front screen as I cant switch out of the "face" setting on the dial. No problem as its didn't happen.
Hosed it off when I got home and tucked her away.

I had a 2004 Gallardo, and in the wet it was so easy to drive and actually fun.... not the GT.

Theres a Heritage owner that live near me also in Windermere that has one with less then 500 miles on it (maybe more like 250).
I got to drive his car in late 2005 and he said "I know a guy high up in Ford who can get you one"
He said "Do you mind if its a Heritage like mine"
"I want it bad" was my reply

Stuart.
Stuart, Come by next time. Our home is about 5 miles from that tint place. My son’s Heritage is 98. My buddy who sent me that picture said he thought Patrick had changed his number. I’ve never driven mine or his in the rain. Hope I don’t have to with the heavy rains we have. Merry Christmas! KO

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Great to hear another ones close by...
How did he pick 98 as his number

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Great to hear another ones close by...
How did he pick 98 as his number
He was born in 98 and Shelby used it often on his race cars