Ford GT Service in Houston

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Just curious for those Houston owners, where are you having your maintenance performed on your Ford GT? There are only three dealers that were originally authorized as servicing dealers--Mac Haik Ford, Planet Ford and Sterling McCall Ford. Planet Ford has no lift that will take the Ford GT and Sterling McCall's lift has been down now for months. My first experience with Mac Haik has not been positive (they broke my dipstick and my car was leaking oil from a simple oil/filter change when I got it home) plus they have no enclosed trailer for transport. With so many Ford GT owners in Houston, I am shocked that we don't have the ability to get something as simple as an oil and filter change with any confidence. It is equally alarming that if this is the current state of support for Ford GT maintenance/repair, what does the future hold as the car ages up. Very frustrating to see Ford drop the ball on support after what was a very positive buying experience. LMT

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Call Paul Bruner (832-385-4585) and ask his advice. He no longer works with Fords, but is probably the most experienced new GT mechanic in the city. He’ll be able to advise you. For what it’s worth, i always used Sterling McCall when I had my GT, but now find Mac Haik to be fine for working on my GT500.

Reactions: THamonGT

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Paul has done all previous maintenance on my Ford GT when he was with Sterling McCall … and I speak with him on a regular basis—fantastic person and great mechanic. Unfortunately, Paul is no longer there and Sterling McCall’s FGT lift has been down for some time waiting on parts. Mac Haik has not impressed me with their performance so far … one service trip and I ended up with a broken oil filler cap/dipstick and a potential oil leak that dropped oil in my garage and covered the underbody panels on the car. Plus Mac Haik has no enclosed transport for the FGT. LMT

Reactions: THamonGT

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Hello LMT84, Eric at blue bonnet ford has work on a few NFGT. Its 175 mile from you.

Joe

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thank you, Joe, I appreciate the reference.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I understand your concern. Being in Louisiana, Mac Haik is my only option as well. I bit the bullet and did my own oil change. It’s not terribly difficult and I can provide the procedure if you’d like. I have no experience with Mac Haik. In the past, Paul B. has traveled to me for warranty work, but the thought of my GT in a trailer on I-10 going to and from Houston gives me cold sweats. My car is only a few months from it’s warranty ending, and I plan to perform small repairs at home and if major repairs are necessary, I’ll ship it north to Joe at Milliken or west to Bryan at Sanderson. Both are excellent to deal with and would be worth the piece of mind to ship.

Reactions: steved57

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Hello LMT84, Eric at blue bonnet ford has work on a few NFGT. Its 175 mile from you.

Joe
Bluebonnet hasn’t been stellar either. Scratched a complete set of CF wheels that had to be replaced. From this experienced they refused to work on my 10 mile CFTP GT 500 that wasn’t holding air. Had to take to a special wheel dealer and bring receipt to them for reimbursement. Also they scratched another owners inside CF door panel. Had to be replaced…. NO a dedicated area for GT’s. OPEN shop.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

There are a lot of new GT's in the Houston area but not enough to support 3 servicing dealers. I'm amazed that ONE dealership hasn't keyed in on taking care of the cars there. The bitchy thing about the new GT with only about 900 in the U.S. is most techs don't see enough of them to get good at recognizing and addressing new GT problems. Brian Naylor at Sanderson Ford here in AZ is the only tech in this state and he's maintaining and repairing about 60 AZ new GT's and a bunch from out of state so he's gotten really good. If there were 4 servicing dealers here none of the 4 would be as good. Years from now I believe there will be 10 to 15 very qualified techs in the U.S. that have a lot of new GT experience like Brian and they will service all the cars. I understand there is only one tech in the U.S. qualified to work on a McLaren F-1 and owners from all over the U.S. send their cars to him. I have shipped my 2006 GT from AZ to MI several times to have Rich Brooks work on it. With any very limited production car its hard to find techs with a lot of experience working on them.

If you can't get it done in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio then send your car to AZ and have it fixed here. Not ideal I know.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Note: Paul Brennan is now working at Baytown Ford in Baytown, Texas and is working on getting the Dealership Certified as a Servicing Dealer! Paul is the best and will be able to work on GT’s in the Houston Area! He is the only One that will ever work on my GT! I talked to him just yesterday and he can be reached on his cell Phone # 1 832 385-4585. Give him a call and he can bring you up to date!

Reactions: Mike Mosing

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
If you are just looking for general maintenance for a new GT, I have Kevin at my shop (M2K Motorsports) do all my work. There is nobody more meticulous than that guy and he will take way better care of your car than any dealership. I have been to some dealerships in the Houston area, called a few to discuss work and seen their "spots" for working on GT's and I can promise you, I am very thankful I don't have to send my car to any of them. The shop floors at M2K are so clean you could eat off them and in a controlled environment with heat/AC. I would think if you would schedule it accordingly Kevin could and would work to get your car in and out of the shop the same day. I have had experiences with some of the folks/shops mentioned above and decided to keep my car out of them. Dont want folks thinking that the dealerships are the only options for maintenance.

Thanks,
Mark H.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
That’s good to know, Mark!
Houston: are you listening??

Reactions: steved57

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I second Mark, Kevin does excellent work and I personally would not take my car to any dealer to work on..

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I second Mark, Kevin does excellent work and I personally would not take my car to any dealer to work on..
Agreed.