Ford GT Review

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020
Finally...

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did driving and filming it.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Nice quality work on the video and the description of what the GT means to you. Sydney is such a beautiful city. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the ride!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Love your enthusiasm and articulation of all the great elements of why we all love this car so much! Great job!
A couple years ago, my wife and I did a two week cruise starting in Auckland and ending in Sydney. We stayed an extra four days exploring the Sydney and loved it! The people were friendly and helpful, food was great, plenty of great sites to see.
Thanks for putting this video together and sharing it.

Reactions: 2112

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Great to see this. And it looks like a stock pulley car. Beautiful shots of a place I have never been.

F40r

GT Owner
May 22, 2020
Really appreciate the feedback guys, thanks so much.

Reactions: extrap and canibl

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I like the video, especially since I find very few (if any) pictures of the GT that really do justice to how awesome it looks in person, but your side-view video from 8:58 to 9:10 show it pretty closely (y) :cool:

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
+1 on your enthusiasm. Fun to watch. Beautiful city.

Someday, if you can capture yourself going over the original Sydney Harbor Bridge with a Drone from above, Please share that!

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Oh no lol I just posted the same video under the 'sounds and vision' tab

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Do you need a waiver to drive LHD car in Australia?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Reactions: DakotaGT

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Has to be right hand drive to be legally licenced.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The GT truly defines the word iconic. The car simply never gets old!Truly an ageless beauty!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The FGT is the top-dawg in my modest little collection, but I dearly love Italian cars from the late 50's thru the mid-80's.

The Charcoal 330GTC in the video is incredible. Speaking of which, one with a Red interior is due to come up on BaT shortly.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The FGT is the top-dawg in my modest little collection, but I dearly love Italian cars from the late 50's thru the mid-80's.

The Charcoal 330GTC in the video is incredible. Speaking of which, one with a Red interior is due to come up on BaT shortly.

I owned a 330 GTC for several years. Great driving cars.82E1993E-488B-4131-ABAE-6E3F16796253.jpeg

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Has to be right hand drive to be legally licenced.

How many GT's you think in Aust.

Well, safe to say 1 LHD one exists.

Didn't see any plates on the reviewed GT in the clip....hmm

I want to take mine back to Aust when I retire.
I know I'll miss the US's lazy enforcement of speed limits compared to the tightest country in the world.

Special import regs do help returning expats with keeping LHD cars from RHD conversion....but seems like they still have to meet the 30 year rule (max length before you're ok) to hit the roads.

Would be nice if there was 3:90 - 4:10 rear ends for the GT as city traffic (especially Sydney) isn't what the GT's drive line likes.

If a vehicle is "rare" or of high value it doesn't have to be converted, so Id say the GT's not meeting that requirement either.

Stuart

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I know I'll miss the US's lazy enforcement of speed limits compared to the tightest country in the world.

Stuart

Sounds like a deal breaker right there.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I owned a 330 GTC for several years. Great driving cars.View attachment 63135

Absolutely gorgeous.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Sounds like a deal breaker right there.
Just ask Ultrsportracing how legal limit drivers make up most of the users on the road.
If you drove 5mph around town over the limit, you'll get pinged before the weeks out, same for fwys... and that infringement will come in the mail two weeks later.
Hidden cameras and red light cameras, speed running red lights make hundreds of millions for Govt.
Americans heads would fly off it they did that here for 1 month. Nobody runs red lights in Aust

Thats why the GT needs a shorter trans for some punchy 1-2-3 rips and then slam brakes.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Just ask Ultrsportracing how legal limit drivers make up most of the users on the road.
If you drove 5mph around town over the limit, you'll get pinged before the weeks out, same for fwys... and that infringement will come in the mail two weeks later.
Hidden cameras and red light cameras, speed running red lights make hundreds of millions for Govt.
Americans heads would fly off it they did that here for 1 month. Nobody runs red lights in Aust

Downright Orwellian. I hope I can live out my years before Vision Zero brings us the same level of oppression here.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
How many GT's you think in Aust.

Well, safe to say 1 LHD one exists.

Didn't see any plates on the reviewed GT in the clip....hmm

I want to take mine back to Aust when I retire.

Special import regs do help returning expats with keeping LHD cars from RHD conversion....but seems like they still have to meet the 30 year rule (max length before you're ok) to hit the roads.

Would be nice if there was 3:90 - 4:10 rear ends for the GT as city traffic (especially Sydney) isn't what the GT's drive line likes.

If a vehicle is "rare" or of high value it doesn't have to be converted, so Id say the GT's not meeting that requirement either.

Stuart
There are 3.90 gears out there