Ford GT results at Laguna Seca

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I was just going through my pictures and found this one. Taken above the hot pit on Friday, it's Jerry (Awsum GT}, myself and Richard (LOVE CHP), with Monica & Terry (Apollo) and Rex (Cobrar) hanging over the railing from the suites.

View attachment 42515

I just sent off a letter to Ann at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, thanking her for her assistance in setting up our Ford GT Corral, and I appreciate all the Forum members that came out to see Ford's first victory for the new Ford GT!

PS - Thanks for getting a jacket for me, Jeffie!!!

Thanks for the photo. And we were there to see history being made.

I was so happy for HF3, and how appropriate that he, as the represenative of Ford Motor Company, would be on the podium at the end of the race. He and his dad probably didn't stop smiling for a week. I met him several years ago during his rotational assignment as he came into Ford - very personable guy. I hope that Bill, Mark, Raj and Henry can find their was to the rostrum in France. Go Ford!

Thank You Ralphie for setting up the GT corral. Did anyone notice that we were outgunned in the corral about 300 (Corvettes) to 12 (GT's)? In contrast to earlier in the weekend, it seemed a bit quiet over there in the Corvette paddock post race on Sunday.

But my favorite moment was standing on the false grid on Saturday morning, where the GT was parked behind the Corvette in line for warm-up/practice. I was standing just in front of the GT and but behind the Corvette. One of the Corvette team members looked at me (I was wearing my Ford jacket) and said, 'enjoy it, that's right where you'll be all weekend.' Love that racin' talk! :))

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
But my favorite moment was standing on the false grid on Saturday morning, where the GT was parked behind the Corvette in line for warm-up/practice. I was standing just in front of the GT and but behind the Corvette. One of the Corvette team members looked at me (I was wearing my Ford jacket) and said, 'enjoy it, that's right where you'll be all weekend.' Love that racin' talk! :))[/QUOTE]

Yeah, racing talk is fun but some take it too far.

At the Rolex 24h, Amy and I were up at the Rolex Lounge and wanted a beer. I was wearing my Ford jacket. I went up to the bar and a guy (probably in his 60's and 100 lb's over weight) wearing corvette garb, says, "Where you from?" I said, "Michigan." He said, " I am from Wisconsin and I hate Michigan and I hate Ford " and just gave me an awkward, long stare. His wife or girlfriend was behind him and just eating it up. I proceeded to get my beer and the guy is still staring at me (lol). I am like, "does this guy want to throw down or something???" haha. I turned to him and said, "have a beautiful evening and enjoy your stay in Daytona!"

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
But my favorite moment was standing on the false grid on Saturday morning, where the GT was parked behind the Corvette in line for warm-up/practice. I was standing just in front of the GT and but behind the Corvette. One of the Corvette team members looked at me (I was wearing my Ford jacket) and said, 'enjoy it, that's right where you'll be all weekend.' Love that racin' talk! :))

Yeah, racing talk is fun but some take it too far.

At the Rolex 24h, Amy and I were up at the Rolex Lounge and wanted a beer. I was wearing my Ford jacket. I went up to the bar and a guy (probably in his 60's and 100 lb's over weight) wearing corvette garb, says, "Where you from?" I said, "Michigan." He said, " I am from Wisconsin and I hate Michigan and I hate Ford " and just gave me an awkward, long stare. His wife or girlfriend was behind him and just eating it up. I proceeded to get my beer and the guy is still staring at me (lol). I am like, "does this guy want to throw down or something???" haha. I turned to him and said, "have a beautiful evening and enjoy your stay in Daytona!"[/QUOTE]
I love it! The high road is always the better one to take! Good job on keeping your cool.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Nice jackets.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
History Made! First Win for all-new Ford GT

Not sure I've seen this video clip before -

[video=youtube;fW8PZFwrpcM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8PZFwrpcM[/video]

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool video!

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Cool video!

Ed

I agree!
Thanks Ralphie. :biggrin

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Not sure I've seen this video clip before -

[video=youtube;fW8PZFwrpcM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8PZFwrpcM[/video]

Thanks Ralphi! Really nice video. Also, a great picture of you Jerry and I above the GT garage. Thanks for sharing.