Ford GT Racing in 2016- FIA says YES!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
During this morning's World Endurance Championship press conference, FIA Endurance Commission President Sir Lindsay Owen Jones said "Ford has already announced their return to Le Mans, but not the WEC officially, but I think Gerard [Neveu] will be able to convince them to come back." Oh, really?

[h=6]There Are Plans To Race The Brand New Ford GT This Year[/h]The Ford GT is the star of the Detroit Auto Show this year. But what wasn't announced is when…Read more

Ford has sort of admitted as such, though various quotes, confirmations, and other hum-hawing about the topic. But, you know, this gives a bit more legitimacy to that announcement. Just a bit.
Automobile Club l'Ouest Sporting Director Vincent Beaumesnil mentioned the 24 Hours of Le Mans expanding to sixty pits in the future, which is a huge field. The sport is growing, and super happy about the new manufacturers coming in.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sweet!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

If the Ford GT returns to Le Mans in 2016, the car will race with the "Ford GT Forum" logo on it. I guarantee it!!

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That is good news, so now let's see how they adjust the rules for the things that the car doesn't comply with that aren't going to be able to be changed. First and foremost is the carbon fiber construction. CF is not allowed in the 2015 rule set. But I'll be it is for 2016.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The good news is, you'll be able to add the weight back where you want it in the chassis.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
During this morning's World Endurance Championship press conference, FIA Endurance Commission President Sir Lindsay Owen Jones said "Ford has already announced their return to Le Mans, but not the WEC officially, but I think Gerard [Neveu] will be able to convince them to come back." Oh, really?

[h=6]There Are Plans To Race The Brand New Ford GT This Year[/h]The Ford GT is the star of the Detroit Auto Show this year. But what wasn't announced is when…Read more

Ford has sort of admitted as such, though various quotes, confirmations, and other hum-hawing about the topic. But, you know, this gives a bit more legitimacy to that announcement. Just a bit.
Automobile Club l'Ouest Sporting Director Vincent Beaumesnil mentioned the 24 Hours of Le Mans expanding to sixty pits in the future, which is a huge field. The sport is growing, and super happy about the new manufacturers coming in.

I find this all quite interesting. The current P/R approach from Ford on the alleged 'return to LeMans' (which remains officially unconfirmed to-date) is in stark contrast to the effort in '66, wherein Ford's intentions were very clearly conveyed to all concerned. And why would that be? :pop