Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
kudos, very brave for doing that, I wouldn't want to since the Nürburgring isn't an easy track. Having had the pleasant experience of driving 13 hours in full rain on the way back from Le Mans I do not need any additional driving experience in the rain with the GT for the next time.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Guys, DBK's awesome series of posts goes about 10% of the way to describing the actual exprerience of those two weeks. It was simply unbelievable, and I got to cross off so many bucket list items in one trip.
One weird thing, in about 2500 miles of driving I think I only saw 3-4 police cars throughout Europe. They rely heavily on speed cameras, and funny 'Merican cars with no front plates and US rear plates meant that we all assumed we were invisible to speeding. Time will tell, but it was so much fun to blast up the motorways way over the speed limit getting thumbs-up from other drivers as we zoomed past.........err, not that I did that, Officer.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Great write up, Dave. Thanks for that. I received a 5 pound box from France yesterday and thought for sure it was full of speeding tickets and subpoenas. Opened it and it was something my boy bought on Amazon. Whew!!

To DBK: Thank you for providing the most memorable trip Amy and I have ever been on...period.

To Matt and Danielle: Your stories of world travels inspire us to explore the far reaches of the world. Awesome couple.

To Chip: You were more than generous paying for dinners, cocktails and other things during the entire trip. We owe you at the next rally.

To Charlie: You batted .000 on the ladies front but you went down swinging like a champ. Proud of you for that.

To Fred and Sherry: Quite possibly the most positive people on planet earth. Wonderful people to hang around with.

To David and Roz: Although you are from Texas and never wash your car, you seem to be decent people. :biggrin Closed the hotel bar pretty much every night and were ready to rock in the early A.M. Rock stars!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
To David and Roz: Although you are from Texas and never wash your car, you seem to be decent people. :biggrin Closed the hotel bar pretty much every night and were ready to rock in the early A.M. Rock stars!

I'll drink to that!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great post Dave wish I could've had my car over with us.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Thanks Dave,

Cool story and great pictures!

What an amazing adventure, followed by such a great result.

You should become the Rick Steves of automobile enthusiasts exotic travel.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Wow, thank you, Dave!! What an incredible photographic journal, with great commentaries, for your trip!! A tremendous thanks for sharing such a great experience!!

Ed

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The parade lap helmets definitely had a Daft Punk look to them!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Dave the photos and commentary are the best. Where are the photos of you and the border police?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I know I saw one floating around, and they got out of town without a big red X stamped on the passports:rofl

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Dave
A huge thank you for the awesome photo commentary. For the many that couldn't attend this made us feel like we were right there with our brothers. What an experience, even from afar.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dave thanks for the excellent photo documentary; it truly was a trip/event to remember, well done.:thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks guys.

Some photos will be shared after my car is safely back in the United States. :lol

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Dave
A huge thank you for the awesome photo commentary. For the many that couldn't attend this made us feel like we were right there with our brothers. What an experience, even from afar.

+1!!!

Truly a once in a lifetime experience for all who were there.

Many many thanks for sharing!

And CONGRATULATIONS to Ford Motor Co., the Ford family, and all the employees who made victory happen!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
3mZ1qKB.jpg

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.

Dave: Thanks so much for posting all of those photos. It is "almost" like being there. Really sorry to miss it, maybe next year. Congratulations to all who had the fortune to attend. Great to watch on TV, but not like actually being there with the crowds and full car sounds. Also having Bill, Edsel, Henry111, and family all around our GT brothers must have been quite an experience. Go Ford, Keep winning!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Chillin' in the chunnel.

DSC_2747.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
DSC_2759.jpgFirst night in Belgium.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
IMG_4664.jpg

DSC_2753.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

DSC_2723.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

DSC_2787.jpg

IMG_4798.jpg

Random pics from a once thought lost camera.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
DSC_2741.jpg

DSC_2697.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.