Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
CJ428 and I will arrive in Paris 8am Monday morning. I've been working on my time zone change for the last three days so I don't crash once we arrive. Day three in bed at 6:15pm and wide awake this morning at 3am. See everyone soon :usa

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
CJ428 and I will arrive in Paris 8am Monday morning. I've been working on my time zone change for the last three days so I don't crash once we arrive. Day three in bed at 6:15pm and wide awake this morning at 3am. See everyone soon :usa

Sounds like a good way to minimize the difference John. Time change has been the hardest part for us. We arrived last Tuesday in the UK for work and our rep had us set up for immediate meetings including evening dinner meetings. We did the cold turkey thing of just trying to stay up for 24+ hours and get on the sleep time the next day. Still took three days to get acclimated. Even the second day I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.:sleep: :ack
We are good now and are very excited about the race and looking forward to seeing everyone. :thumbsup We will be getting to the hotel Wednesday.:cheers

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
One hour away from the track. See you all there!!!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
image.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Nice company at the Ring...

image.jpg

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
An American Band.

Gentlemen,

Driving our Ford GT's over here makes our crew feel like the Rolling Stones. Every where we stop the cars are mobbed day and night. 6 GT's in one place is something nobody has seen before and everyone knows exactly what they are. So cool.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 382

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Anticipation!!!

Gentlemen,

After closing down the bar at 3:30am this morning we are getting ready to run the Nurburgring and my urchin Charley couldn't be more excited!

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 374

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Gentlemen,

Driving our Ford GT's over here makes our crew feel like the Rolling Stones. Every where we stop the cars are mobbed day and night. 6 GT's in one place is something nobody has seen before and everyone knows exactly what they are. So cool.

Chip

An American Band alright, when you start that thing up, it's music to everyone's ears! Can't wait to get there!

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 24 Hours of Le Mans

Gentlemen,

Our band of brothers ran the Nurburgring in the rain and it was pretty hairy. Two of our members got sideways but caught it before going off. Only one of us went a second lap. Everybody is smiling, and we are headed to Lucerne, Switzerland. Now I know what living with paparazzi would be like if I was famous. We don't go anywhere without a bunch of cameras pointed at us. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 434

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 24 Hours of Le Mans

Gentlemen,

Our band of brothers ran the Nurburgring in the rain and it was pretty hairy. Two of our members got sideways but caught it before going off. Only one of us went a second lap. Everybody is smiling, and we are headed to Lucerne, Switzerland. Now I know what living with paparazzi would be like if I was famous. We don't go anywhere without a bunch of cameras pointed at us. Cheers.

Chip
Ship your Ford GTs to Europe, drive the Nurburgring in the rain, off to Switzerland and Le Mans in the GTs... You guys ARE rock stars. Heck it's fun to read about, doing it must be amazing

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Chip. I plan on getting your autograph as soon as I see you guys. You're living the dream. Love all the photos!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If the Indy car race doesn't run today going to be a push for the GT drivers getting to Lemans

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
77ec55a3f051dadff30b569bf404c11b.jpg

Long day. Nice to end with a view.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
WOW! You guys are having way too much fun...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dave and Chip's Excellent Adventure.

Gentlemen,

My first taste of the Autobahn today. We are cruising at 120mph in the center lane and get passed on our left briskly by a guy in a brown station wagon!!! C4 and I touched 135mph a couple times and our quicker drivers busted 150. Once we crossed the border into Switzerland we slowed down to 90 to stay out of jail and cruised into Lucerne where our hotel sits on the edge of a huge lake. The whole place is indescribably beautiful and everyone is high as a kite after today's 300 mile cannon ball run. Cocktails and an excellent dinner capped it all off. I sit now out on my balcony alone with my thoughts. One very special American car has put a smile on the faces of thousands of Europeans who have greeted us warmly at every stop. I'm glad I'm alive, right here, right now. What a day.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 295

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
So fresh and so clean!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Gentlemen,

Chip
The paparazzi are unbelievable; every time we stop, regardless of the time, people appear from nowhere. On our way to the Ring Google maps mis-directed us so we stopped to regroup. Within seconds a car pulled over and a gushing Scotsman leapt out of his car to drool over our convoy. This was after midnight in the middle of nowhere! And, at the same time, other people were coming out of their houses to take pictures . As Chip said, it's like we are rockstars (but without the groupies)....

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
image.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Rockstars without groupies is like...not rockstars. Still envious. What a trip!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.