Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Could you guys who shipped your cars comment on how you were able to secure insurance? And the logistical details. I would consider shipping something over in the future.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Dave,

will there be an Itinerary available soon? Also will there be reserved parking?
I am Trying to organize arrival and departures details.
Thanks

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
that would be great.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
From Texas: GTs were shipped to Houston warehouse, containerized @ 2 per, loaded on ship -shipping handled via Schumacher from Houston, Texas, to port @ Le Havre, France; containers will be transported to Le Mans & GTs unloaded @ warehouse there. Containers of GTs were insured for total value of both GTs by Domestic Insurer. Once in France/Europe, GTs are insured by Insurer in UK as a lot. Costs were controlled due to Dave's efforts to get Shipper & Insurers to consider GTs as a lot instead of individually. There have been a few hurdles along the way, but it seems to be all working out!

Could you guys who shipped your cars comment on how you were able to secure insurance? And the logistical details. I would consider shipping something over in the future.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

My insurer (AIG Private Client Group) gave me shipping and driving coverage at zero additional cost, apparently one of their perks. Me and Fred took out maritime coverage ( a bit of a "belt and braces" thing for me as AIG covered shipping) through McGriffs, $500 round trip for me, a little more for Fred 'cos his car is painted a funny baby blue and orange colour. We delivered to a warehouse in Houston where it got loaded into the container, two per. We paid an extra $250 to get a container 'daiper' installed that keeps out all the elements during transit. So far its been a seamless operation, and coincidentally, the company we're all using (Schumaker Cargo Logistics) is the same outfit I used a couple of months ago to ship my Rolls Royce Merlin engine from Australia, and that went perfectly.
Hopefully the return trip will go as easily.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave,

will there be an Itinerary available soon? Also will there be reserved parking?
I am Trying to organize arrival and departures details.
Thanks

I spoke with the Ford representative mid-week and they gave me a rundown of the schedule. They were putting it into a format I could distribute, so hopefully in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, just a couple notes:

Ticket packages can be collected at the ACO Welcome Center, located off the dual carriageway directly across from the Le Mans airport. I believe the road is D139/Boulevard des Italiens. Big building that says Automobile Club de l'Ouest on it. Your ticket package will include your general admission tickets, your pit & paddock tickets, and your Ford VIP hospitality passes.

For the large group of people staying over at the golf resort, we're working on having the tickets distributed at the hotel upon check-in.

A few details:

• The Ford GT Owner Hospitality is located at raccordement.
  • The hospitality opens and program begins at 4:00 PM on Thursday June 16th.
  • The hospitality will remain open on Thursday until after the 10PM-Midnight qualifying session is over.
  • Parking for Ford GTs and GT owners is located at Maison Blanche.
  • All GTs will be able to park there and there will be about 50 spaces for non-GTs. About 70 attendees are staying at the golf resort so this should cut down on the need for parking.

map.jpg

Note the location of the Porsche Experience Center. It's mammoth and on the outside of the track. The Ford Hospitality will be in the area across from it, to the left of race control if you are standing in the paddock facing the track. Below is a pic I took from the upper deck of the Ford Hospitality at the race car reveal, and our hospitality will be in the same general area.

18610122430_5f5cdd5e5d_c.jpg

And the view from the Porsche roof (Ford had no branding facing the circuit since they were not racing):

hosp.jpg

For food & beverage planning:

Friday
  • Hospitality opens at 08:30 AM and breakfast will be available.
  • Bill Ford Jr. & Edsel B. Ford II hosted lunch at the hospitality that afternoon
    • All 12 driver meet & greet, driver Q&A
    • Coffee & Dessert
    • Guests speakers from Ford, Michelin
  • Ford will then provide shuttles to the tram station and tram tickets to reach the city center for those who wish to attend the driver parade
  • Dinner in Le Mans city centre hosted by Edsel B. Ford II and Henry Ford III
  • Shuttles will be provided back to the circuit

Saturday

• Breakfast available at the hospitality at 08:30AM
  • Lunch, dinner, drinks, desserts will be served rolling throughout the day

Sunday

• Breakfast available at the hospitality at 08:30AM
  • Lunch
  • End of race party

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Wow! This is going to be AWESOME! Thanks, Dave!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Can not wait. So good.

Vince H

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks Dave,
We will be driving in from eastern France, staying in town with another couple , suggestions where we can pick up our tickets etc?
Thanks

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
A very big thank you, Dave, for your organization.

I hope my poor knowledge of English, will allow me to understand a little what will be said !
Thank you in advance to those who will make the effort to speak more slowly than they drive ...

Pending the pleasure to meet everybody in Le Mans.

Best regards from France.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Some years before !

Capture d’écran 2016-05-21 à 19.42.18.jpg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Dave

I read the itinerary overview, looking for a bit of granularity. On which lap do I substitute for the primary driver in #66? Want to make sure it's during daylight and they get my special seat insert in place. ;-))

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Great photo!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dave

I read the itinerary overview, looking for a bit of granularity. On which lap do I substitute for the primary driver in #66? Want to make sure it's during daylight and they get my special seat insert in place. ;-))

I think I read it was at the end of hour 26. Should be in the daylight.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
CobraR, your car is situated in the middle of the infield on the carousel.

Also, is that you in the Beebe pic all the way on the left? You have not aged much in 50 years.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
CobraR,

Also, is that you in the Beebe pic all the way on the left? You have not aged much in 50 years.

Yeah, I didn't think anyone would notice that. I'm still able to fit in that same suit. Saving a bunch of $$ so I could afford to come back to LeMans this year. ;-))

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Look great Dave! Many thanks

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Anyone with knowledge know if race scanners and headsets are available to rent at the track. Not interested in lugging these around if I don't have to.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, they are. The hospitality also has numerous televisions and wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.