Ford GT Owner VIP Hospitality at the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If the Indy car race doesn't run today going to be a push for the GT drivers getting to Lemans

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Long day. Nice to end with a view.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Know there is rarely a dress code at rally and not at race tracks but this is France especially at the dinner any suggestions?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel and Central California
WOW! You guys are having way too much fun...

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dang... I'm out of the country until Wednesday. I can't do anything until I return... Save me a spot!
Always!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I know this is a stretch, but if there is somebody within 100 miles of metro Detroit going on this trip that is willing to take a bag for me, it would be truly awesome. Of course I would pay for it plus a couple great bottles of wine in France. Packing for a 12 day trip for 2 in a GT is tough (especially for my wife).

I got a quote from UPS to ship a 35x22x22 box that wighted 40 lb's to France and it was $1,350! So basically you can ship a car there for just double that of a 40 lb box. lol...

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have a plan for you.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Arrived in Paris a few hours ago... What a week here in Le Mans! Ford went WAY overboard on the hospitality suite for all of the GT owners and guests of Ford. Also had a great pit row suite right above the Ford GT's pits... An amazing experience to watch this historic race. The Ford family... All of them are so kind and polite... Spent a lot of time in the suite with the GT owners... Even came back after the race and celebrated with all of us... Took photos, signed autographs, drank champagne with us and talked with all in the room. It was also great reconnecting with old and new GT friends while at the race.

Great memorabilia and clothing while at the suite as well... Lots of new goodies to place in the GT Ga RAJ Mahal at home. Lots of autographs.... Even Chip Ganassi's. Feel real bad I missed Raj for his autograph.

After the race a few of us went to an out of the way highly rated restaurant for dinner. All of the sudden Bill Ford walks over to our table of 7, all in Ford GT clothing, and takes a photo with us and chats for a while before heading back to his wife and son Will and a few other guests. This Ford family is a real class act!

After a few days in Paris we will take the long flight back home to recuperate.

Thanks go out to all the Ford Family (Bill, Edsel, Henry III), Dave B, and all the dozens of Ford team members that made our trip and time at Le Mans a VERY memorable and historic experience that will not be forgotten. Soooo happy we decided to make the trip!

Look forward to Rally 11 !

Last edited:

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Know there is rarely a dress code at rally and not at race tracks but this is France especially at the dinner any suggestions?
I would just say smart casual.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Off to England. See you guys next week.
I'm jealous... See you next week... Safe travels!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I would just say smart casual.
In Georgia that means I need to wear a collared shirt under my Bibs instead of a tee shirt. :thumbsup :biggrin

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Arrived in Paris a few hours ago... What a week here in Le Mans! Ford went WAY overboard on the hospitality suite for all of the GT owners and guests of Ford. Also had a great pit row suite right above the Ford GT's pits... An amazing experience to watch this historic race. The Ford family... All of them are so kind and polite... Spent a lot of time in the suite with the GT owners... Even came back after the race and celebrated with all of us... Took photos, signed autographs, drank champagne with us and talked with all in the room. It was also great reconnecting with old and new GT friends while at the race.

Great memorabilia and clothing while at the suite as well... Lots of new goodies to place in the GT Ga RAJ Mahal at home. Lots of autographs.... Even Chip Ganassi's. Feel real bad I missed Raj for his autograph.

After the race a few of us went to an out of the way highly rated restaurant for dinner. All of the sudden Bill Ford walks over to our table of 7, all in Ford GT clothing, and takes a photo with us and chats for a while before heading back to his wife and son Will and a few other guests. This Ford family is a real class act!

After a few days in Paris we will take the long flight back home to recuperate.

Thanks go out to all the Ford Family (Bill, Edsel, Henry III), Dave B, and all the dozens of Ford team members that made our trip and time at Le Mans a VERY memorable and historic experience that will not be forgotten. Soooo happy we decided to make the trip!

Look forward to Rally 11 !
Cool story. What restaurant?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

#34 is looking forward to her European Vacation!! 8 years ago Bony and a few others tried to pull this off but couldn't get it all together. Now it's a lock and its gonna be great. I said it 5 years ago when Matech took the Ford GT back to LeMans......We will be there and if you miss it you're going to be sorry when we post up the photos. It's just as true now. Be there, or be square.

Chip

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
I just got the full rundown from the team. This is going to be UNREAL.

Example:

If anyone wants to register last minute, contact me.
Is this a separate registration or part of what we signed up for with the Forum?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Awesome pic!

The roadsign should be helpful for me too! :biggrin

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Well, I was a lithographer and even I'm impressed as to how fast this was produced and hanging in the 24hr museum.
Now there's a banner I'd like to see hanging floor to ceiling in my garage!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Final results. Test session was red flagged for an accident on the Mulsanne right when everyone started to pick up the pace.

test2.jpg

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great post Dave wish I could've had my car over with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.