Ford GT neon sign

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
As I mentioned in another thread (see http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?22847-WTB-Ford-GT-neon-sign(s)/page2 ), I have been checking into a really nice-quality custom neon sign for my garage. The original guy I started working with kind of flaked out on the project, but I found a local neon sign company that has been great to work with. Maybe it helps that the hospital system I work for almost single-handedly keeps this place supplied with work. Anywho... here is what we have so far. I am told that for me to just get one made, it will be around $1600. Depending on how many others want one made, the price may go down 100-200 bucks. I am going to get one anyway, so it makes no matter to me if others are interested or not, but I did say that I would post an update to the forum, so here it is. Personally, I think the shipping of neon is so difficult (especially for one of this size), if any of you are interested, I would take this sketch to one of your local neon guys, and see what they can do. However, this company (Pride Neon of Sioux Falls, SD) did say that they would be willing to ship these signs out. I imagine quality shipping for these signs would be pretty costly.

Attachments

• Ford GT Neon.pdf
    453 KB · Views: 432

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Subscribed for pics of the finished product.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Ditto. Will be looking forward to seeing the final product.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Great idea. I would be in for one but, like you said, I doubt it would arrive in one piece.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Neon signs get shipped all the time. I have bought several for my businesses. Not that expensive and and as long as they are well pack they will arrive intact unless there is substantial abuse along the way. I'd have no issue ordering one to be shipped.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
That is badass!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I have had probably 28 neon signs shipped to me, and I bet 1 in 4 had damage. And that is with just the standard 24" neon garage signs. This is much larger. Even when packaged correctly, there is just a higher inherent risk of damage during shipping due to the fragility of the tubing. Ask any business who makes/sells neon. But, that is why there is shipping insurance... I just hate the inconvenience of dealing with a damaged product. Glad you have had better luck than I have, gtinmyblood.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Can they do the (even more) attractive blue neon, for a white with blue effect?

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Can they do the (even more) attractive blue neon, for a white with blue effect?

+1

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I'm pretty certain that they can do any of the typically-available neon colors... I would think they could make it in most of the GT color combos (yellow, blue, red, white, even the orange/blue Heritage color combo would be easy).

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've not had good success with ordering a neon sign and the shipping experience.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Me neither. On a GT sign as well (not the sign DBK did). Or I would be all over this.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Just picked it up today. About $1700 with tax. I am very pleased. I will be relieved when it is safely mounted!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 159

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I like it and real nice garage.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That came out great! Excellent job replicating the font.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Looks great! Very nice collection! And shop!! Enjoy! Be Safe!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Awesome!! I think it's time for a group buy. Maybe SFSDFGT can get some of his money back with a referral fee, per order too. Keith. I'll take a white/blue one.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Thanks, all. If anybody does want this company to make them one, my contact at Pride Neon Signs is Dick Menke. His family owns the business. I think mine is the only FORD GT sign they have done, so if you contact them, they will know which sign you want. However, as mentioned above, feel free to take a copy of my design to you own local neon business- any competent shop should be able to do one, and then you won't have to worry about shipping damage.

Dick Menke at Pride Neon Signs, Inc.
3010 W. 10th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
605-336-3563