Ford GT: Legend Comes to Life by Larry Edsall

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Finally got a hold of a copy of this book, and it's a good one. It's got a great deal of intricate details about the run-up to and completion of the production process. Tons of good photos, and lots and lots of excellent insight from people involved in the project. Pardo, Mays, Theodore, Parry-Jones, etc.

Definitely worth picking up, got 2 copies for 25 bucks a pop at B&N. It's also listed on the Ford website under Ford GT merch.

:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Order placed. Thanks.

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
Book

I picked it up this afternoon from B&N.Great reading,a must for anyone interested in our cars.
Guy

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Sell Through

That book is a good buy for the money. In a discussion with the author I heard the phrase "sell through" which I take to mean Ford committed themselves to buying X number, probably out of some promotional budget .

He refers in the book to a mid engined car Ford built that was powered by the Yamaha V6 used in the SHO Taurus, and in a magazine story on Roush I thought I saw it pictured over at Roush's little museum. Does anybody have a picture of it? Why didn't Ford go ahead on it?

Also there's a new book on Ford I think it's called Ford Tough, no pictures at all but it's a good story about Billy Ford and how he's done so far at Ford. It pays scant attention to the GT and it doesn't say if Jac "("The Knife") Nasser was pushing for the car (Nasser was later fired in the fallout from the exploding Firestone tires on the Explorer) Does anyone remember Nasser specifically championing the Ford GT? Aparrently he was kind of a Euro snob and that's why he talked the Board into buying Jag, Aston martin and Land Rover.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Got it as part of the library, everyone should. I also bought on e-bay the original FORD LEGENDS TOUR (new Mustang, new T-Bird, Forty-Nine concept, and the GT40 concept) press kit (including carrying bag) that was used to unveil the car. In the press kit the car is called the 'GT40' as this was printed before the trademark issue surfaced.