FORD GT in the movies

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Did anyone else happen to notice the heritage FORD GT in the movie " The green hornet " , it has some pretty nice company , Veyron , cobra , Saleen , etc

Pretty cool as usual

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I haven't seen the movie yet, but my assistant was very excited when she told me that it was in there. Almost worth the price of admission just to see :p Is the rest of the movie any good?

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Hey Pro

Personnally I would wait for the DVD to come out , the GT shots are small and far between , not worth the movie admission

Hans

Jul 16, 2008
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I think its a replica gt40, but looks GREAt none the less, I personally loved the rest of the movie, really halarious!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I saw it and I enjoyed the movie, in fact I really liked the movie a lot.

Last edited:

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
If you guys liked that that, you're going to love the GT40 in the upcoming Fast 5 (Fast and Furious 5). But I'm not supposed to say anything, so you didn't hear it here.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Saw the movie, quite funny. When Hans said he thought it was a GT40 replica I thought I'd look at the mirrors, one of the easiest tells, but I didn't see any mirrors at all????

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
If you guys liked that that, you're going to love the GT40 in the upcoming Fast 5 (Fast and Furious 5). But I'm not supposed to say anything, so you didn't hear it here.
Nope, we didn't hear it here - it's like in the movie trailer all over the web along with The Rock in it...a simple search nets everything!:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Is the rest of the movie any good?

In a word, NO - not if you're a fan of the origional T.V. series. If you are, you're going to be badly dissppointed, because the "origional" T.V. 'Hornet was depicted seriously. In the movie he's anything but (ditto Kato). IOW, the story line was intended as/written to be a farce of sorts...it was a comedy more than a straight forward "super hero" movie (it IS funny in several places). If I'd known before seeing it what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered. (Imagine a James Bond movie scripted as a comedy and you'll pretty much have the idea. Would you pay to see it?)

All-in-all, I predict there will be no 'Hornet II.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Ditto that Pockets. It was weak, IMHO, especially Rogen as the GH. He's fine for the Pineapple Express roles, but they missed the boat with his being the lead in Green Hornet.
Nice garage/collection though.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
In a word, NO - not if you're a fan of the origional T.V. series. If you are, you're going to be badly dissppointed, because the "origional" T.V. 'Hornet was depicted seriously. In the movie he's anything but (ditto Kato). IOW, the story line was intended as/written to be a farce of sorts...it was a comedy more than a straight forward "super hero" movie (it IS funny in several places). If I'd known before seeing it what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered. (Imagine a James Bond movie scripted as a comedy and you'll pretty much have the idea. Would you pay to see it?)

All-in-all, I predict there will be no 'Hornet II.

Jeez EP - you sold like an old repressed man "in my days.... not like the old days..... They should of..."

Ooops I forgot that you are!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Jeez EP - you sold like an old repressed man "in my days.... not like the old days..... They should of..."

Ooops I forgot that you are!

I have I ever mentioned that I hope yo mama... :tongue

Soooooooo, I take you LIKE the idea of a James Bond comedy? :skep :willy

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
We thought it was a great flick. Not comprable to the TV series either up or down and since that only lasted less than a season not much to compare to. The Orange and blue is a GT40 replica unlike the real Heritage Ford Gt in "night at the museum". The Black Beauty gets plenty of air time and lots more than the car in the TV show. I do think a more serious GH might be okay. I thought they should have used the guy from the Transporter movies. The new Kato did a great job though.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Better yet catch the mythbusters episode reproducing the car stunts. They would have been dead meat exploding the car in the hole under the dozer. LAME.

It was a funny superhero movie which I think is what they intended.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Where was there a Heritage Ford GT in "Night at the Museum?"

H

HHGT

Where was there a Heritage Ford GT in "Night at the Museum?"

At the very end of the movie.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Come on EP, the hissyfit fight between Kato and the Hornet was pretty funny. How could they have stayed true to the TV series without Bruce Lee?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How could they have stayed true to the TV series without Bruce Lee?

The same way they could have w/o Van Johnson. :wink :cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I enjoyed it and EP is correct, but better to see it than nothing. I need a knock out gas pellet gun :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I need a knock out gas pellet gun :)

You couldn't be TRUSTED with one! :lol