Ford GT Heritage Edition 2022

hgar

Oct 27, 2020
Hi all, I recently got an email from Ford GT Concierge with the positive news that I have been selected to order a 2022 Heritage Edition!! Can't express enough how happy I am! :) Does anyone know if it will will look the same as the 2021 Heritage Edition or will it have different graphics?

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations and great news for your first post.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Congratulations, and welcome! Please tell us a little bit about yourself--it's great to have new folks on the forum!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That is great news. Don't know what the 2022 Heritage edition will be. 2021 Heritage was just recently revealed.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Congrats and welcome to the forum

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Congrats and welcome. My guess is the '22 Heritage is different than the '21... I also can't help but speculate that it will be the #1 Miles car from the '66 Le Mans. Those red scallops with the thinner white stripes would look incredible.

Reactions: GEE-TEE and canibl

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Wasn't the initial run of new GTs supposed to be only for approx. 1000 cars at the rate of 250 cars per year? I know they were unable to produce the full number in 2017 and assumed that was why a 2021 year was going to be produced.
Can someone please explain what are the new production plans? Thanks!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wasn't the initial run of new GTs supposed to be only for approx. 1000 cars at the rate of 250 cars per year? I know they were unable to produce the full number in 2017 and assumed that was why a 2021 year was going to be produced.
Can someone please explain what are the new production plans? Thanks!

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...2018/10/18/ford-increasing-gt-production.html

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Thanks!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Congrats and welcome. My guess is the '22 Heritage is different than the '21... I also can't help but speculate that it will be the #1 Miles car from the '66 Le Mans. Those red scallops with the thinner white stripes would look incredible.
Congrats HGAR That is my best guess too. Ken Mike's 66 car👍🏻💪🏻👌🏻🇺🇸

Reactions: Roadtrip

hgar

Oct 27, 2020
So happy to be getting my Ford GT Heritage (1964 Prototype Edition, https://media.ford.com/content/ford...2021/08/12/2022-ford-gt-heritage-edition.html). According to the concierge it will be delivered in June-July. Can't wait! :)

Reactions: SYCO GT and JWZ

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Congrats! Should be a beauty.

Also, thanks for the link. I'm sure there are others, but that's the first time I've seen a summary of all the Heritage editions. Quite a suite of tributes to the greatest cars ever. Do you think 1 individual will ever have a collection of all 7? What a garage that would be!

When the 22's are available, I would love to see someone ( Ford? ) produce a poster with all 7 arrayed.

Reactions: JWZ

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Holy CRAP!!! :cool: 👍 :cool: 👍 :cool:

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Wow. Very nice. Shmee almost had it right🤔😅

Reactions: extrap and Johntpr

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Just like the early guys creating their own "Gulf" heritage schemes.

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
That looks fantastic! :love:
The Alan Mann Red looks similar to the 67' Edition race red.. is it the same Red?🤔

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Needs 3 white hood decals, 3 roundels, 2 Ford decals, and the #16 decal under the wing ... do-able!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
hgar - it's a long wait, and then the final months will come very quickly. Congrats, it is going to be so nice.

This early "prototype" of the prototype '64 Heritage Tribute was on display at the most recent LA Auto Show.

The image doesn't quite fully capture the rich off white paint and dark blue stripe. Although you can see the color hue difference from the white Ford truck parked in front.

PrototypeGT-0004018.jpg

Reactions: SPI, extrap and JWZ

hgar

Oct 27, 2020
hgar - it's a long wait, and then the final months will come very quickly. Congrats, it is going to be so nice.

This early "prototype" of the prototype '64 Heritage Tribute was on display at the most recent LA Auto Show.

The image doesn't quite fully capture the rich off white paint and dark blue stripe. Although you can see the color hue difference from the white Ford truck parked in front.

View attachment 65563
Sure, the wait is really killing me! :) Thanks for sharing the picture! Looks great!! I also found a video from LA Auto Show of the same car, link:
. Cheers!

Reactions: SYCO GT