Ford GT goes 310mph

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Dave. I couldn't remember if he was fhe guy with the automatic weapons or not.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Now I think this thread is getting my point.

Reactions: steved57

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Nimrod Rawlings was looking for a Miura at one point. He would have eff’d it up…probably chop and bag it. Glad I sold mine to Dakota GT.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Beer spit on computer screen.... TaHnKs 2112
10:19AM Thursday. "The good life"

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Talk about running out of pavement!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Talk about running out of pavement!
I have a suspicion there was deliberate drama involved.

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
I have a suspicion there was deliberate drama involved.
At the end of the day though, like the guy or not, it's pretty damm impressive.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Never forget that in his insatiable desirable to be a Z-list internet celebutard, Bohmer and his crew of camera wielding mental midgets ran up on Ray Hoffman(RIP) , his wife, and their small child with a mean-mugging chubby Indian Rent-a-Cop wearing a tactical vest that was wielding an assault rifle at a car event. Pure class. I always forget about that.

I don't care if Bohmer breaks the World Bohmer Record at the Bohmer Invitational at Bohmer Field verified by Bohmer International. Clown show. Luckily M2K called it a day when they hit 300 in less than half the distance.
Thanks Dave. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
At the end of the day though, like the guy or not, it's pretty damm impressive.
Sure, it’s impressive, but it says a lot more about the car and the engineering that produced it, than some guy who does stunts to get attention. If he thought that crashing a FGT or lighting it on fire would get him more attention, I’m sure he would do it. And it would be a lot cheaper than going 300+MPH. Mark H can attest to that!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Never forget that in his insatiable desirable to be a Z-list internet celebutard, Bohmer and his crew of camera wielding mental midgets ran up on Ray Hoffman(RIP) , his wife, and their small child with a mean-mugging chubby Indian Rent-a-Cop wearing a tactical vest that was wielding an assault rifle at a car event. Pure class. I always forget about that.
Seems like I always miss events …

Reactions: Ed Sims

mwilson7

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2006
The acceleration must be amazing to say the least!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
2.40 miles to go 310 is what it took him at what ever hp he is running i suspect 1500-2000hp.

I don't care if Bohmer breaks the World Bohmer Record at the Bohmer Invitational at Bohmer Field verified by Bohmer International. Clown show. Luckily M2K called it a day when they hit 300 in less than half the distance.
Agreed, well over twice as long for Bohmer and company (Klassless?) to go only 10 more mph at smooth Kennedy Space Center is a long way off of fast compared to M2K's record at the rough Texas Mile...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Faster than a Bugatti Chiron SS with less than half the track length the bug used to hit 304.77 mph :cool: The best Christmas gift ever!!! Congratulations Johnny (y) i always knew that you could do it. I never once doubted that this record was meant to be yours. I always knew that you and your Ford GT had the right stuff. You have made me so proud to be a Ford GT owner. I hope i get the chance to meet you someday...

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
0-310.8 mph in 45 seconds :alien: He shifted into 6th gear at 266.9 mph. The change in gearing is what took him to the next level.

Last edited:
My favorite part was watching how hard the GT still pulled in the higher gears...impressive run

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
That was awesome. The acceleration was incredible and I was impressed with how calm everything looked in the cockpit at 310mph.

QSS

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I feel like I’m watching a sequel to Grease…
1671886845317.jpeg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Reminds me of Reggie Fountain during the Fountain vs Outerlimits battle.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Reminds me of Reggie Fountain during the Fountain vs Outerlimits battle.

Yeah, but they were (relatively) more equally capable.