Ford GT Dealer Book - why so expensive?!?

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
I've been watching these go on auction via eBay and they are selling for silly money!

Ford GT Dealer Hardcover Book

My UK dealer tells me he paid $100.00 US for his but lately they seem to be selling for $180.00+ :eek

Does anyone have one? Did you pay for it or did the dealer give it to you when you bought your car in 2005? I'm told they didn't mass produce them; hence the novelty value is inflating the price?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For what Ford paid for them, $167 is cheap. They are hard to get ahold of because there aren't many floating around, and if you want to directly order one as a dealer, I think it's about $200.

I have one new one, and one signed by Bill and Edsel Ford.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My dealer gave me mine when I bought my '05 new. Also have the Rick Titus DVD which is also hard to get. It's great!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Dealer delivered my GT with the Titus DVD, GT book and both shop manuals (overall and wiring diagram).

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Good to know they actually cost a fair whack when the dealers bought them... it makes me feel less 'ripped off' paying silly money for one :wink

Okay guys, no bidding on the one currently featured on eBay... don't want to get into a race and line the sellers pockets :wink :biggrin

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
Ooohhh I want one of those! I've never seen it until now. Velly, velly nice... :thumbsup

But, this one is all yours, nomis, I shall wait my turn...

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Charlie,

the last one sold for $185.00

This one didn't hit the reserve and bidding stopped at about $170

Now that I know what they're worth, I'll step up because the fellow has relisted it at $167.

They seem to come up about once or twice a week :thumbsup

Simon

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Search back through the older threads...your dealer can order you the book...I think they are $150 a piece...you do have to have a VIN to get up to 5 :)

Matt

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
427Aggie said:
Search back through the older threads...your dealer can order you the book...I think they are $150 a piece...you do have to have a VIN to get up to 5 :)

I was told they have stopped printing them and all are sold out?

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
I'll stop bidding Nomis, (sorry) but the bid I put it was pretty high and still did not break the reserve. Im thinking it might be stupid high.

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Townshend said:
I'll stop bidding Nomis, (sorry) but the bid I put it was pretty high and still did not break the reserve. Im thinking it might be stupid high.

I cranked it up last time but I think he wants $200+

What's your guess?

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
I gave up at $260ish (can't remember the exact $)...

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'll check tomorrow and see.

Matt

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Townshend said:
I gave up at $260ish (can't remember the exact $)...

Oh forget that! :rolleyes

What? Is it gold paper?!? :bs

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I paid $100 for one about 8 months ago. I continue to browse eBay for GT paraphernalia and have noticed the books are not being listed as frequently (and they are more expensive). Best of luck in finding one.

Best Regards,
Waldo

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
I just got one with the new 2005 GT. Not really impressed. Number one, you better wear gloves as the pages are all black and show marks even if your hands are very clean. Number two, seemed almost exactly like the brochure, just in a different format.