Ford Gt color and value

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We seem to be living in a financial fantasyland. Prices for everything are out of whack. I get cold calls daily for multi-family properties with offers yielding ridiculously low cap rates. There is a lot of domestic and overseas money floating around looking for a place to land.

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
We seem to be living in a financial fantasyland. Prices for everything are out of whack. I get cold calls daily for multi-family properties with offers yielding ridiculously low cap rates. There is a lot of domestic and overseas money floating around looking for a place to land.

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
I wanted white but ended up with blue. Love the colour now, and more importantly the car exceeds my expectations in every department. I waited far too long to press the trigger and paid much more as a result. Prices in the UK are bonkers atm.
I would add a pic but not sure how !

Reactions: 2112

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018

should i wait?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
should i wait?

Waiting seems the same as trying to time the stock market, which I've never been able to do. A couple thoughts:

If you wait, it might cost more, plus you will have spent more time without the car you're wanting; ie the double whammy I mentioned earlier.

If you buy now, and then prices fall you can say, Oh well at least I've had my car this whole time. (plus the value will probably increase again later anyway)

I think I'd suggest waiting only if you're willing to never buy a GT. (or if you're better at timing markets than me ... but you're here asking, soooo :) )

Good luck, either way! 🍻

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The best color is the GT that you own and cherish! And remember, it's a crime not to drive them!

ElenaFGT-7196lr.jpg

Reactions: F Pilot

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

See the "attach files" button to the bottom left of the post reply box. Click on that and select your .jpg (JPEG) photo file. Then select thumbnail or large image and it will upload and "embed" it into your post.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You have to be listed as an owner to post pics.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
I’ve chalked up 9000 + miles so far on my FGT. I just did custom sills on it and with now 20,000 + miles it isn’t worth any less to me.
It isn’t Forsale anyways but it’s black and beautiful. Even puke Color would look awesome on these things. When we have meet ups, every damn colour is my favourite.
I would never own a yellow Ferrari but a yellow FGT is sublime.

Reactions: PeteK

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
should i wait?

Which is a question you previously asked....my question is would a loss of $75k affect your finances in any way? If not, plunge ahead. I personally would not buy any car in this market.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I would never own a yellow Ferrari but a yellow FGT is sublime.

That is interesting, there are alot of Ferraris that are stunning in yellow IMO. The only thing I don't like on yellow FGTs is the stripe color...I would want a silver-ish stripe like you see on yellow Scuderias.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Colour is certainly subjective.

Reactions: Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I’ve chalked up 9000 + miles so far on my FGT.

Big props, I can't see myself ever going above what I did in year one (2,000), just not enough fun-type driving opportunity.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
My mile pounding will probably subside in the years to come. My Chevelle has spend a total of 3 months in the shop due to 900HP being too much for it. It has since been detuned to 700Hp but now the clutch job is now hanging it up. I hope to get it back this coming weekend.

I don’t think twice about driving the GT. I want to drive it, I drive it, like all my cars. Some I have a bit more care to as far as leaving it unattended etc and the GT leans more this way but I drive all my cars. A lot. And with performance and spirit.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
should i wait?

Good question. I’ll give you two great pieces of advice. First, patience is a virtue. Second, he who hesitates is lost.

Seriously, if the GT really means something to you and you intend to keep it, you’ll never regret buying one sooner rather than later, even if that means paying an inflated price. If it’s just another car that you’ll sell when the next shiny object comes along, I’d suggest waiting.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Quick Silver is the rarest factory color (only produced in 2005).

Reactions: HNS and extrap

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
I wanted white but ended up with blue. Love the colour now, and more importantly the car exceeds my expectations in every department. I waited far too long to press the trigger and paid much more as a result. Prices in the UK are bonkers atm.
You have to be listed as an owner to post pics.

Thanks.

How do I list as an owner please ?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Any color is a winner perhaps if you take the Ford Gt off the side of a red car maybe someone will think it’s a Ferrari!!

Reactions: RPM217

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
Thanks whoever made it happen re changing me to Owner so i could post pics......

A couple gratuatous shot of my recently purchased 06 four option

Attachments

• DSC00538.jpg
    DSC00538.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00534.jpg
    DSC00534.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 1

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
White w/blue must be the most valuable cause I haven't seen a price I'd let mine go for! Plus, they can fly. (not my car pic but working on it!)View attachment 63969
Is this the one with the"Hover" option?