Ford GT Carbon Series Exhaust

Alex CH

Apr 4, 2014
Hello,

We have a question about the ford GT MY2021 "europe-edition, europe emissions car". The concierge told us that we can't fit an aftermarket exhaust, like borla or heffner to it.
It wont start and only cause issues on the MY2021 europe-editions.

Is this statement correct?

Thanks for answer.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Essentially yes that is correct.
The 21MY European cars have particulate filters as well as catalysts in the exhaust. The particulate filters have both temperature sensors and pressure sensors (before and after) which are located after the point at which the optional exhausts (Akrapovich, Heffner, etc) would fit.
The US cars don't have this hardware in the exhaust because they aren't required to pass US emissions standards, which vary slightly from EU ones)
We are hoping to have a car in our shop long enough to engineer a sports exhaust for these models but as yet we don't have a timing plan for that.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Borla does not make an exhaust for the new GT.

Alex CH

Apr 4, 2014
Essentially yes that is correct.
The 21MY European cars have particulate filters as well as catalysts in the exhaust. The particulate filters have both temperature sensors and pressure sensors (before and after) which are located after the point at which the optional exhausts (Akrapovich, Heffner, etc) would fit.
The US cars don't have this hardware in the exhaust because they aren't required to pass US emissions standards, which vary slightly from EU ones)
We are hoping to have a car in our shop long enough to engineer a sports exhaust for these models but as yet we don't have a timing plan for that.

Yes so you mean this sensors?

Regards

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It’s too bad because the Heffner exhaust which is actually just pipes is the same when they use on the mark 2 track car. The sound is simply stunning and worth a few horsepower7DA6F6FE-5C33-4386-B0DB-F07679FC9E91.jpegC2BFAB67-4461-49BD-A496-BC406F6928A3.jpeg

Alex CH

Apr 4, 2014
But heffner can put the 4 threads in it and i can fit the sensores?

Thanks

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
But heffner can put the 4 threads in it and i can fit the sensores?

Thanks
I believe the connection point is different too. Until we get a proper look at the parts side by side it’s impossible to say what can be done, but I’m certain it’s possible to build a sports exhaust to fit the 21MY cars.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello Alex CH

I sent you an MP. To read it, click on the envelope at the top right of the home page.

Best regards.

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains

Let's hope you will find time ;) Definitely an EU cars issue

Alex CH

Apr 4, 2014
Yesterday we removed a stock exhaust from one of our gt's and sent it to a fabcenter for production :)
Called some friends and we now produce a small badge of ten titanium exhaust with a "welded heatshield" for our cars... :cool:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Post pictures!

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Yes please post pictures>