Ford GT Application

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
CONFIDENTIAL

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you are likely aware that the application for acquiring a new Ford GT has not yet been officially released to the public

To-date there has been significant conjecture and speculation surrounding key aspects of the subject application, most notably the all important criteria for determining Ford Loyalty. Some have suggested that maximum loyalty points would accrue from the total number of Ford products owned in an owner's lifetime. Others have suggested the total number of miles driven in Ford products is the key determiner, still others have opined that there should be a more open-ended approach wherein a written essay by an applicant would be provided to a committee at Ford, detailing a prospective owners opinion as to why they should considered to be Ford loyal. All of these potential processes are in keeping with intended result of helping to ensure that a new Ford GT gets in the hands of the "proper' Ford owner.

To that end, I have been able to secure one critical element of the Ford GT application. At first blush, it seems a rudimentary graphic of the new GT, with a written instruction to the prospective GT owner to color it as they so desire, and to return it as part of the completed application. Unnamed sources inside Ford however, indicate that the final art product will be reviewed by a number of experts, who will then offer a considered professional opinion as to the psychographic profile of a given applicant and assign a pass/fail grade. In consideration of this process, some of the key determiners for success in the evaluation may -or- may not, be limited to: color choice, rationale for color selection, stripe size and orientation, inclusion of graphics and of course, the applicant's ability to stay within the lines -or- not.

Have fun and luck to All!

Attachments

• GT in crayon.jpg
    GT in crayon.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,158

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41591&stc=1&d=1457828095

click on the above for a larger picture.

Remember you have to stay inside the lines!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Does the size of your hands matter?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Assistant Is On It

ABS [my assistant] is already hard at work preparing for the application process.
As you can see, staying within the lines is never a problem.
With her help on this application, I’m sure a new Ford GT will windup out here running the highways and byways of Texas.:wink

Attachments

• Coloring.jpg
    Coloring.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 851

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Do we have to supply our own crayons, or will Ford give us a set with their own copyrighted colors (remember when Crayola retired "Burnt Umber?").

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fred were on it. Our IT people are getting lined up to work on our Applications, just taking a little time to get their priorities straight. There will be two early GT's running the roads in Texas.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,002

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I call BS. No one would ever keep a front license plate on this kind of car. CobraR, can't you be more inventive?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I propose all Texas applicants MUST drink a fifth of Tito's one hour before coloring commences.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm up on many Forum members already on this requirement as I had the most expensive bottle of Tito's ever purchased at Rally 10 in Detroit and shared it with many. Then in Daytona I didn't forget my Tito's ! I'm already Texas Qualified.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 810

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I call BS. No one would ever keep a front license plate on this kind of car. CobraR, can't you be more inventive?

Dr. Frank. for those in the know, the GT is intended to be sold in the EU and perhaps in Asia/China. Last I checked, cars in the EU need a front plate of some sort. We can verify that fact when we arrive in France in June. Loser (that would be - you) buys drinks for the three days at the track.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Do we have to supply our own crayons, or will Ford give us a set with their own copyrighted colors (remember when Crayola retired "Burnt Umber?").

Ralphie - You are free to select your own colors.. I should remind you that black (the absence of all color) & white (the blending of all colors) are not officially considered to be colors.

Also important to note, if you happen to be one of those people who can just never throw anything away, this could be your moment. There will be significant incremental points awarded for using any, or all, of the (13) thirteen original colors of Crayola crayon that have been retired or discontinued. For reference they are: Lemon Yellow, Violet Blue, Blue Gray, Orange Red, Maize, Raw Umber, Orange Yellow, Green Blue, Blizzard Blue, Magic Mint, Mulberry, Teal Blue, & Thistle. Finally, you must be able to produce said crayon(s) to receive your award.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Dr. Frank. for those in the know, the GT is intended to be sold in the EU and perhaps in Asia/China. Last I checked, cars in the EU need a front plate of some sort....

On the XK-E Jaguars, they screen painted them on the front of the hood - looked rather cool.

Ralphie - You are free to select your own colors.. I should remind you that black (the absence of all color) & white (the blending of all colors) are not officially considered to be colors.

Also important to note, if you happen to be one of those people who can just never throw anything away, this could be your moment. There will be significant incremental points awarded for using any, or all, of the (13) thirteen original colors of Crayola crayon that have been retired or discontinued. For reference they are: Lemon Yellow, Violet Blue, Blue Gray, Orange Red, Maize, Raw Umber, Orange Yellow, Green Blue, Blizzard Blue, Magic Mint, Mulberry, Teal Blue, & Thistle. Finally, you must be able to produce said crayon(s) to receive your award.

I'm pretty sure I still have all of those, some are getting pretty short by now though.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Magic Mint crayons tasted the best when I was a kid.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
CONFIDENTIAL

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you are likely aware that the application for acquiring a new Ford GT has not yet been officially released to the public

To-date there has been significant conjecture and speculation surrounding key aspects of the subject application, most notably the all important criteria for determining Ford Loyalty. Some have suggested that maximum loyalty points would accrue from the total number of Ford products owned in an owner's lifetime. Others have suggested the total number of miles driven in Ford products is the key determiner, still others have opined that there should be a more open-ended approach wherein a written essay by an applicant would be provided to a committee at Ford, detailing a prospective owners opinion as to why they should considered to be Ford loyal. All of these potential processes are in keeping with intended result of helping to ensure that a new Ford GT gets in the hands of the "proper' Ford owner.

To that end, I have been able to secure one critical element of the Ford GT application. At first blush, it seems a rudimentary graphic of the new GT, with a written instruction to the prospective GT owner to color it as they so desire, and to return it as part of the completed application. Unnamed sources inside Ford however, indicate that the final art product will be reviewed by a number of experts, who will then offer a considered professional opinion as to the psychographic profile of a given applicant and assign a pass/fail grade. In consideration of this process, some of the key determiners for success in the evaluation may -or- may not, be limited to: color choice, rationale for color selection, stripe size and orientation, inclusion of graphics and of course, the applicant's ability to stay within the lines -or- not.

Have fun and luck to All!

What !! ?? I think you have psychographic residue in your system !! :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I can't vouch for Asia-China, but a lot of Europeans use decals or only put on the front plate for inspections. More important to the local police are the country of ownership stickers(my favorite was always CH).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I can't vouch for Asia-China, but a lot of Europeans use decals or only put on the front plate for inspections. More important to the local police are the country of ownership stickers(my favorite was always CH).

Confoederatio Helvetica (Helvetic Confederation), the Latin name for the country.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Not true here in Germany. Seeing a car without a front license plate is very rare. Some cars have sticker license plates, but these are not many.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
:thumbsup

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006

Ahhh... and paste dip!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Linkage? This could be the explanation for your insatiable appetite for those Girl Scout thin mint cookies. ;-))