Ford GT and Racing GT Merchandise

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Stormcat

Embroidery of something that intense would be cost prohibitive but I do like the idea of changing the colors on the jacket embroidery to something with more contrast.

Would "Powered by Ecoboost" be of interest on the back of the jacket?

My two cents on the "Powered by EcoBoost" on the back: No.

I can't speak for everyone here, but GT owners (and enthusiasts) are not the same breed of car guy that NASCAR fans are. HUGE glaring logos are not what many of us are looking for. We're looking for classy and subtle - something you could wear to places beyond just the race track.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I ordered a couple of Polo shirts for Donna and I for the Lemans trip from Marci at SVT. They have the new GT logo with Ford Performance underneath and having LeMans 2016 embroidery on other side.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
My two cents on the "Powered by EcoBoost" on the back: No.

I can't speak for everyone here, but GT owners (and enthusiasts) are not the same breed of car guy that NASCAR fans are. HUGE glaring logos are not what many of us are looking for. We're looking for classy and subtle - something you could wear to places beyond just the race track.

Speaking of NASCAR, I watched "Taladdega Nights" last night and damn was that funny. Shake and Bake, Baby!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Speaking of NASCAR, I watched "Taladdega Nights" last night and damn was that funny. Shake and Bake, Baby!

482597_10200634522617216_120447442_n.jpg

Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth! :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormcat

Embroidery of something that intense would be cost prohibitive but I do like the idea of changing the colors on the jacket embroidery to something with more contrast.

Would "Powered by Ecoboost" be of interest on the back of the jacket?

This embroidery is on the back of the jacket. Because of the colors it's easier to see in a pops nicely. I would leave this on the back maybe even make it slightly larger. I think there is a market for both subtle items and more bold items. It depends on the venue where you're going to wear it. If you attend the races you want to support the team and some Bold items. If you want to wear polo shirt out for dinner than a nice subtle silhouette image would be suitable. I bought some of both.. :thumbsup

Attachments

• 2016-05-05 10.52.56.jpg
    2016-05-05 10.52.56.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cost prohibitive??? You must be joking! We are still talking about a $400K+ car.........right!?!?

I saw a lot of GT fans at Daytona wearing GT clothing. not all were not necessarily GT owners just fans .. Some items need to be affordable.. I understand that.. I was told over $300 for a large Embroidery .. so that might limit the marketability..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
This is my favorite t-shirt. I like the front and the back graphic. The Super soft cotton blend material is very comfortable. I have three or four of the shirts . I wear them daily , they make a great shirt for the gym

Attachments

• 2016-05-05 11.29.41.jpg
    2016-05-05 11.29.41.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 300

ashoush

Feb 18, 2016
This is my favorite t-shirt. I like the front and the back graphic. The Super soft cotton blend material is very comfortable. I have three or four of the shirts . I wear them daily , they make a great shirt for the gym

That T-shirt is my personal favorite as well. I appreciate all the comments and will be posting some new items to share in the coming days. We are also getting ready to release the replica wear for the race team as well.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Aston-Martin-Racing-Lifestyle-Polo-Shirt-2014[1].jpg

See how this gives reference to the race cars and a crest of some sort that signifies the significance of racing the GT after 50 years. Ford Livery would have to be incorporated obviously. This could easily be transferred to t-shirts ect.

Vince H

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Subtle?? How about getting BOLD!? Sorry to say, but the merchandise on the sites you shared are boring and show very little creativity. You've got a new car that has bleeding edge technology and makes HUGE statements with a CREATIVE design (where form also meets function). The owners of theses care won't/don't mind trumpeting that fact.

Perhaps subtle was the wrong descriptor. I like a eye-catching design. Yes, some color accents can be used. I just would like 1-2 pieces of apparel that you could wear to a casual business event. That would circulate in different events and different crowds. Something that a die hard car enthusiast might wear to a non car event. That's how you can expand the brand message and enjoyment. And no, not for every piece, but just a couple.

Here's an example of what I think is distinctive, yet still exudes class.

images_zpsokp6bhpx.jpeg

images-2_zpsoeavkazp.jpeg

And here are some examples of what I consider less subtle and possibly overbold.

Unknown_zpse0wbwfng.jpeg

Unknown-1_zps0npz4j64.jpeg

images-3_zpsyt0ozkdt.jpeg

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
definately want some GT Leman wear

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Since when is this merchandise sold at "Target" the only place StormCat shops?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Since when is this merchandise sold at "Target" the only place StormCat shops?

Love ya Brother..... :bored

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I'd love some really classy single tone Polos with a single subtle GT logo on the chest. Something high quality like an Under Armor or Adidas Polyester brand that would last

Also, T-Shirts that don't feature the super heavy, gloppy painted on printing. I was excited at all of the merch at Daytona, but I can't stand that type of printing.

I'd also love to see a really nice Flex-Fit hat, maybe a similar design to the velcro one you offer now, but just something really simple and classy, but again, high quality.

And yes, repica race wear and those jackets would be awesome, especially if the logos were embroidered.

+1 on that! I love wearing the gear but hate the gaudy art work of some of it. Subtle and classy please! Most of us are not 14 anymore.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
+1 subtle is the key. I avoid being a total marketing surface and needing to pay for it. When ad reaches more than 25% of total surface things get hard to go for it.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Fair number of metrosexuals here. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Dropped by a local Ford Dealer today in OC, actually had the NFGT black logo aluminum water bottle in the parts showcase, which was promising at first glance.

No shirts or hats yet. I inquired and the parts guy gave me a 2014-2015 paper dealer catalog of apparel and Ford Performance merchandise.

Glad that the new designs will be made and here's hoping the parts departments will be up to speed about the new GT merchandise and begin to order and stock it.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Also, T-Shirts that don't feature the super heavy, gloppy painted on printing. I was excited at all of the merch at Daytona, but I can't stand that type of printing.
>>>

Yep. I try not to wear those kind of t-shirts- hate how they feel. Some t-shirts have a design on them that you can't really feel, unlike those thick and barely flexible types.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Blipshift shirt of the week

happy_tee_large.jpg

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I bought several things at Daytona and Laguna Seca.

I would consider designing either a thin fabric patch or straight embroidery that has the Ford GT logo and the #66 or #67 car number on all the GT merchandise. It's a race car that has not hit the track for 50 years. That should be showcased on all the clothing in my opinion. Also the clothing should primarily be in Ford Blue but also use the Red, White and Blue Color scheme of the race cars as the highlights. Stitching, collars, ect. I'm a fan of European style fit and fashion and I think that all the GT wear should have a high tech race wear styling. The GT is a masterpiece of design and engineering and the clothing should be distinctive to other Ford Clothing/Merchandise. My wife would love to have a couple more women's clothing as well. Scarves, and cardigan sweater. This is probably to much but there you go.

Right on Vince. GT logo on the chest and #66 on on sleeve and #67 on the other would be cool.