Ford GT and Racing GT Merchandise

ashoush

Feb 18, 2016
Versacom Inc is the Ford Licensee that is handling the Trackside Sales at the IMSA races and is also handling the www.fordgtcollection.com web store. We are constantly looking for new ideas on merchandise to carry and sale and thought you folks might have some ideas.

We would love for you to let us know what you think of the current collection and what we might be missing. Obviously we can not create and carry everything but as we review the collection to find our what is and is not selling it helps when we know what our customers and possible customers think.

I know many of you are looking for Replica Race Wear and that is coming soon as this collection is being produced for a launch to coincide with Le Mans this year. I also have seen that some are looking for the jackets that were presented at Daytona to some of the owners that attended. We produced those jackets specifically for that event and only that event. We are investigating a possible 2nd run of them for sale but that is still in discussion with Ford Licensing.

Let us know what you think

Andrew Shoushanian
Versacom Inc.
Dearborn, MI
www.fordgtcollection.com
www.fordclubmerchandise.com

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
I'd love some really classy single tone Polos with a single subtle GT logo on the chest. Something high quality like an Under Armor or Adidas Polyester brand that would last

Also, T-Shirts that don't feature the super heavy, gloppy painted on printing. I was excited at all of the merch at Daytona, but I can't stand that type of printing.

I'd also love to see a really nice Flex-Fit hat, maybe a similar design to the velcro one you offer now, but just something really simple and classy, but again, high quality.

And yes, repica race wear and those jackets would be awesome, especially if the logos were embroidered.

ashoush

Feb 18, 2016
Bullitt2065

Thanks for the input. Most of your suggestion are doable. The only issue is with the branded shirts as we have to be concerned with brands and their sponsorships of other teams and Ford's affiliation with certain brands. We will take the suggestions to heart and discuss at our next Merchandise Meeting

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
How about some cool phone/tablet cases? I'm an Apple guy and a good "GT" labeled, high-quality iPhone case and/or iPad case would definitely get me to buy. You could even do the same for that...other operating system, too. :)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
How about youth sizes? My boy sure was jealous when he first saw one my new t-shirts.

Kudos on the quality. The shirts I purchased were a true 2XL. So often I order shirts online and after a wash I end up looking like a wannabe tight tee hipster.. not a good look for a guy in his 40s.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I bought several things at Daytona and Laguna Seca.

I would consider designing either a thin fabric patch or straight embroidery that has the Ford GT logo and the #66 or #67 car number on all the GT merchandise. It's a race car that has not hit the track for 50 years. That should be showcased on all the clothing in my opinion. Also the clothing should primarily be in Ford Blue but also use the Red, White and Blue Color scheme of the race cars as the highlights. Stitching, collars, ect. I'm a fan of European style fit and fashion and I think that all the GT wear should have a high tech race wear styling. The GT is a masterpiece of design and engineering and the clothing should be distinctive to other Ford Clothing/Merchandise. My wife would love to have a couple more women's clothing as well. Scarves, and cardigan sweater. This is probably to much but there you go.

Vince H

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
How about youth sizes? My boy sure was jealous when he first saw one my new t-shirts.

Kudos on the quality. The shirts I purchased were a true 2XL. So often I order shirts online and after a wash I end up looking like a wannabe tight tee hipster.. not a good look for a guy in his 40s.

+1 on this. I have enough 05/06 GT gear. But my son would love a shirt.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
T-shirts that are more subtle. The one you have with the GT outline is nice but the others are too busy for me.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
We know you're both fashion victims :wink

But more Ford merchandising stuff would be great, especially clothing.

Haven't looked at the Shop, do you support shipping to Europe ?

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Reproduce items utilizing the 2005/06 GT logo for those of us that missed out back in the day that now have the car. Thanks for asking!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Andrew, if you were not aware of this thread, here is a few pages of us discussing the initial launch at Daytona (includes my admission of how much I bought). A few ideas in there.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...ise-coming-Daytona-Debut-!!?highlight=daytona

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
T-shirts that are more subtle. The one you have with the GT outline is nice but the others are too busy for me.

Yes, I would agree. The GT logo does not have to be overly large to be recognizable. A subtle look creates a classic style and piques interest.

I ended up ordering a men's size S for my son. It would be nice to have at least a large kid's size option in a couple shirts.

I just placed an order for some items. I'm glad that it sounds like there will be more items this time around, as it was very difficult to find items for the '05-'06 Ford GT, and by now, many of my gear has worn out (sadly, but understandably, as it's been a decade).

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Yes, what he said, plus would be great to have long sleeves T- shirt as well. I'll definitely buy one of those jacket from Daytona. Or, alternatively speaking, I'd buy the jacket on displace with white/light grey stitching, if it had GT or a small silhouette of the GT.. You have quite a few potential buyers from this forum.

GTED

Yes, I would agree. The GT logo does not have to be overly large to be recognizable. A subtle look creates a classic style and piques interest.

I ended up ordering a men's size S for my son. It would be nice to have at least a large kid's size option in a couple shirts.

I just placed an order for some items. I'm glad that it sounds like there will be more items this time around, as it was very difficult to find items for the '05-'06 Ford GT, and by now, many of my gear has worn out (sadly, but understandably, as it's been a decade).

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would like a flat bill baseball hat. It makes me look younger!

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Ed

No Comment

:facepalm:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Ed

Best if the bill is turned around to the back.

And in a like fashion, should you find occasion to wear your Speedo, always remember that the potato goes in front. ;-))

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hello Andrew. Thank you for coming on board and requesting feedback. Like many who went to Daytona I bought most everything available there. I bought some additional shirts at Sebring.

I bought this jacket at Daytona. I thought the GT silhouette was too subtle the dark stitching is hard to notice. A grey stitching to go with the grey color tone of the jacket would have been nice. And I would love to see a big bold and bright or GT on the back I was going to check with some embroidery people to see if they could do something similar to this picture on the back. One guy quoted a crazy price.. This is a bold car. Ford is making a bold statement be proud and show it off baby !! :biggrin

Attachments

• 2016-05-04 14.26.50.jpg
    2016-05-04 14.26.50.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 2016-05-04 14.18.09.jpg
    2016-05-04 14.18.09.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

ashoush

Feb 18, 2016
Hello Andrew. Thank you for coming on board and requesting feedback. Like many who went to Daytona I bought most everything available there. I bought some additional shirts at Sebring.

I bought this jacket at Daytona. I thought the GT silhouette was too subtle the dark stitching is hard to notice. A grey stitching to go with the grey color tone of the jacket would have been nice. And I would love to see a big bold and bright or GT on the back I was going to check with some embroidery people to see if they could do something similar to this picture on the back. One guy quoted a crazy price.. This is a bold car .Ford is making a statement be proud and show it off baby !! :biggrin

Stormcat

Embroidery of something that intense would be cost prohibitive but I do like the idea of changing the colors on the jacket embroidery to something with more contrast.

Would "Powered by Ecoboost" be of interest on the back of the jacket?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Subtle?? How about getting BOLD!? Sorry to say, but the merchandise on the sites you shared are boring and show very little creativity.

You've got a new car that has bleeding edge technology and makes HUGE statements with a CREATIVE design (where form also meets function). The owners of theses care won't/don't mind trumpeting that fact.

Take a chance! Step out with a Zoot Suit!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Stormcat

Embroidery of something that intense would be cost prohibitive

Cost prohibitive??? You must be joking! We are still talking about a $400K+ car.........right!?!?