Ford ending production early?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
There are rumours floating around about Ford ending production early because so many cars are laying around. I have heard this from 2 different people. One said he was told they were going to shut down production at the end of the month. Sounds like an unscrupulous dealer wants to panic people into buying cars to me. How can they stop production with all the parts to assemble cars lined up? It would seem that Ford would lose more money not to assemble the lined up parts. More dealer nonsense...

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
rumors are rumors until confirmed by some official source. These type of comments have been around for the past year. Don't worry, in my opinion.

Dave

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Gulf GT said:
There are rumours floating around about Ford ending production early because so many cars are laying around. I have heard this from 2 different people. One said he was told they were going to shut down production at the end of the month. Sounds like an unscrupulous dealer wants to panic people into buying cars to me. How can they stop production with all the parts to assemble cars lined up? It would seem that Ford would lose more money not to assemble the lined up parts. More dealer nonsense...

if a dealer told you that he told you that so your would buy one from them.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I doubt Ford would stop production. These car are sub-contracted out to Saleen and others. I am sure the contract sets the minimum number of production units. So if Ford stops early they will have to pay a penalty at the least, or worst case pay for all of the cars. Why stop. I am sure the dealers can sell all of the cars if they lowered the price to between cost and MSRP. Just like they do for a Mustang.

BlackICE

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I completely agree with all the comments here.

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
You hope! :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The plant is not closing early. I can't say I've ever seen a car that has been the subject of so much strange conjecture from the beginning to it's end.

If I recall correctly, the US car run will end in August, they will change a few things in the process for the Canada-bound cars, and finish off the run with the Canadian cars in september...

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
some canadian model now

The Canadian model must not require much difference in production. We are headed up to SSV and have been told that there will be a batch of canadian models and then back to US models, specifically some Heritage models. We will be there around mid March.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
more than I thought

Let me amend that last comment. The e-mail to me says after all the canadian models have been through paint.......

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So are you buying it or what?

You know we're required to revoke your membership if you don't, right? :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
centerpunch said:
If I don't buy it, I'll probably be too busy on the Lotus Elise forums to visit here and see how much money you guys are all spending to make your 200 mph cars go faster!
Center,
we are not spending money to make the cars go faster, but to accelerate faster... More kick, in essence, from 0 to 70mph.... who in hell would want to drive faster than that anyhow.... :biggrin

stefan

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
If you do buy one... make sure not to change the pulley and reflash the engine computer. :willy

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
No need... just watch from behind. Wow... what a ride.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:
If you do buy one... make sure not to change the pulley and reflash the engine computer. :willy

understand from unreliable source that a new hybrid version of the GT will be available for the 2007 model year. I plan to put a deposit down on one... save the world :cheers

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Bony... I can't believe you are calling me unreliable :eek :willy

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:
Bony... I can't believe you are calling me unreliable :eek :willy

me sorry, i will buy lunch.... how about a Harlan wine cooler as a peace gesture :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
OK you're forgiven... :biggrin

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Centerpunch,

Mine was delivered on Saturday, February 26th #680 right on time and on schedule. No worries mate. :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
NJF said:
Centerpunch,

Mine was delivered on Saturday, February 26th #680 right on time and on schedule. No worries mate. :banana

Welcome, stop by WOW Distributing and take my pal Aldo for a drive... like your city very much.. don't fret spring will be here soon. :wink