Ford Edge

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
edge.jpg

"The Ford Edge crossover utility vehicle is expected to be one of the stars of the 2006 North American International Auto Show in January. Edge's bold, American design will turn heads in the CUV market – the fastest-growing vehicle segment – in a year that CUV sales are expected to surpass traditional SUVs.

'Much like Fusion has done for the mid-size sedan, the new Ford Edge will inject a healthy dose of American design and personality into the hot crossover market,' says Peter Horbury, Ford's executive director of North America Design.

Edge is powered by Ford's new 3.5-liter V-6 engine and new 6-speed automatic transmission – which help deliver a dynamic driving character and impressive fuel economy. Edge goes on sale in fourth quarter 2006."

Good or Bad?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I really like. The whole tri-bar design bit should really help the car and small suv biz. I'll be curious to see what size rims they actually go through with. I think the FX45 looks pretty good with standard 20's. If Ford can justify 19's, it'd be a good idea.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Hmmm, how strange for me, an SUV sorta thing that doesn't strike me as butt ugly. I actually like it.

Maybe they can sell enough of them to help them out of their financial woes...Hope they do just that.