Metro Detroit
Didn't think they BOP'd LMP1?

EoT. Equivalence of Technology.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Without even GOOGLING IT, I'm confident in saying NO!!! Back then, the best CAR/PIT CREW won (discounting wrecks/racing 'luck').

'Should be the SAME today...but, we all know B.o.P. makes that 'questionable' at best...

Going to my room now... :leaving:

I tried Googling it before I posted my question... I couldn't find anything regarding the older Le Mans races and actually nothing that said when BoP started being used... Guess I failed Googling 101.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I tried Googling it before I posted my question... I couldn't find anything regarding the older Le Mans races and actually nothing that said when BoP started being used... Guess I failed Googling 101.

You didn't "fail" diddley! Google can't find something that's not there to find.

BoP (as defined today) didn't exist back in the '60s...other than the "BoP" (sic) inherent in/created by the rules themselves. :wink

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
The rules were more open back then, but as the years go on, the sanctioning bodies seem to tighten and regulate every aspect of the car to the point where today, every nut and bolt is "homologated".