floor mats

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
*Update*

Sorry it took so long, but an extra set of the stock floor mats was unavailable to use as a template because the passenger side mat was backordered. They're getting the extra set to me on the 21st and I will get it up to the custom shop asap.

:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
:cheers

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I'm interested. Thanks for looking in to it.

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
Any news yet?
I'm in.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I've had a GT for 3 weeks. Please add me to the list of those wanting floor mats.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well, I took the mats to the shop and it appears the shape presents a problem. They could do a mat in the shape of the stock mat without the additional height, but wanted $250 a piece. The other alternative was covering the stock mat with a less durable show-type carpet to retain all the original dimensions, but that entails getting the stock mats to the shop which is unrealistic. Don't you guys feel $250 is a bit pricey for dupont carpet you're just using to collect dirt?

It's still an option, but I'm exploring other avenues right now.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
At SEMA, I spoke to two companies (X-pel and Venture Tape) who make the invisible bras that protect against stone chips. They both have the GT in their computers that program the machines that cut the 3M plastic shield. I think it is just a matter of time before the major companies come out with a pattern for floor mats.

I have the SEMA directory that lists all the companies that make floor mats that attended the show
These manufactuers get the patterns from Ford. I would think if we want to
do a group buy we should get a better deal than $250. I am willing to do a broadcast fax to these manufacturers, or can fax the directory to anyone who
cares to be the point person.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
these are a little to "hairy" for me, but i figured i would pass it on !!!!!

http://www.ggbailey.com/

sam
#1451 red/white

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
WhiteBlueGT said:
I would agree. I would like ford GT on the side maybe in silver or red on black carpet
Dont worry about the extra thickness on the factory mat. My company cuts foam every day. It's just a matter of removing the original mat, cutting a pc of .75" thick, 1.75# ethifoam then lay your custom mat over that.
Just picked my car up last week #1211. The guys should have the pattern for the foam made by the time I get back from Bowling Green early next week (12/20).

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Docrug said:
Dont worry about the extra thickness on the factory mat. My company cuts foam every day. It's just a matter of removing the original mat, cutting a pc of .75" thick, 1.75# ethifoam then lay your custom mat over that.
Just picked my car up last week #1211. The guys should have the pattern for the foam made by the time I get back from Bowling Green early next week (12/20).

I would like to buy a set... thanks

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Docrug,

I live in Fort Worth and just received my '05 GT (white with blue stripes). #421. I'm interested in your custom mat application. Once you get them done, I would be interested in seeing the final product. Email me if you get a chance. Thanks, AC

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Don't forget me... I want a set or 2.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
only one set for me please. thanks!

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
A set for me too.

bigdaddo

GT Owner
Jan 2, 2006
Floor Mats

I'm expecting delivery of my Tungsten Grey Ford GT sometime during February. Count me in for one pair of mats. E-mail me any additional information. Thanks!
-West Clark

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Please count me in for a set....

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Any further updates on the mats? I have a generic set from Pep Boys (4.99) laying on top--- pretty cheesy, and worse of all dangerous as it somehow gets tangled with the accelerator and makes me speed at times.

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Docrug

Sorry for the delay guy's ... You know how the holidays can be . Should be finished by monday 1/9.
How many are there of us in the Ft Worth area anyway?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I will take a set...don't have the car yet but its out there in the wonderful world of Ford VIN numbers waiting to be assigned :)

I am in Dallas...was going to see how many guys were around and maybe we could hook up...the Texas Cobra Club----Dallas group meets on the first saturday of the month for lunch..great group to hang out with...they even accept me since I sold the cobra replica to get the GT...hey didn't want to lose the viper....hehehehe.

Let me know I am always up for a get together.

Matt :biggrin

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
Docrug

You Aggies are like roaches...everywhere!! :banana Sorry just joking. :banana Actually I wished Horn Frogs had more pride. My neighbor just got him a black GT to go with my red one #1211 and if he was to get cut he would bleed maroon!