Floor Mats --Still Looking

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I have tried to locate floor mats for about 3 months. I still cannot find pictures and have called (what I have been told are) the main suppliers but they always "have to get back to you" and don't. Does anyome have a picture ? actually bought them ? do they fit over the rubber or around ?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
floormats

I have tried to locate floor mats for about 3 months. I still cannot find pictures and have called (what I have been told are) the main suppliers but they always "have to get back to you" and don't. Does anyome have a picture ? actually bought them ? do they fit over the rubber or around ?

Hey, Doc, 'you referring to aftermarket CARPET type 'mats, or OEM's???

If you want OEM's just see your Ford parts dept. They got a set 4 me.

E.P.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Do a search on here. This was a hot topic last year and there were more than a few options.
I had a custom set made that fit like a glove replacing the rubber stock mats with GT stiched in. Many here went for the option of a larger blanket style mat that lays over the stock rubber.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Thats the problem. I thought that the mats would only make sense if they went around the rubber, leaving the original rubber in place. If they went over the rubber they would have a big lump and be too high and be worthless. Im not sure that this dewsign conundrum is the real problem and Im starting to supect that there really arent any "real" GT floor mats being made despite postings on the venue by manufacturers or sellers stating something to the effect that "we have sold may..."

Normally I have a local upholsterer thats makes this stuff (dash cover too) but there have been issues so to speak.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This Worked For Me.

Thats the problem. I thought that the mats would only make sense if they went around the rubber, leaving the original rubber in place. If they went over the rubber they would have a big lump and be too high and be worthless. Im not sure that this dewsign conundrum is the real problem and Im starting to supect that there really arent any "real" GT floor mats being made despite postings on the venue by manufacturers or sellers stating something to the effect that "we have sold may..."

Normally I have a local upholsterer thats makes this stuff (dash cover too) but there have been issues so to speak.

Doc,

I too wanted floor mats that would fit over the stock rubber mats [so as not to tear up the originals].

Could not find anything.

So I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a set of "cheapie" carpeted mats.

Turned them up side down [carpeted side down] and put them in over the stock rubber GT floor mats.

Works just fine, and the original rubber floor mats are still like new.

Just an idea.

Worked for me.

Fred

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

The Lloyd mats go over the OEM original rubber mats. Once they are in place you do not notice any kind of "big lump". They work fine. The additional thickness is 1/2" at most, you don't even notice it.

I had the same reservations until I installed them.

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
Ditto

I agree 100% with Florida Chris. I ordered the LLoyds, fit great and have contoured nicely to the hump with out disturbing the originals. For the nominal expense of about $125 you can try them out. While I would remove them for a track day they are perfect for the daily driving.:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I tried several and....

The Lloyd mats not only protect the rubber but also the silver painted areas outside the factory rubber mats. They lay flat without removing anything, protect wall to wall, fit like a glove, and look like factory carpeting. I tried several types of mats and the Lloyds mats are the ticket.:thumbsup

Chip

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
LLoyd :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
Dare I say that I have an extra set sitting here looking for a home.

Takes care

Shadowman

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Lyod's - been running with them for 4k mile. Don't have no problems even though I was worried about the "Hump". Hold up well - protect the paint. First non- OEM item I bought.

No issues, no problems, no reservations.....

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
OK. You made me have my wife pull out her camera, find the battery, and then I went into my cold garage and snapped pics of my Lloyds mats for ya.:biggrin
Mine are installed with the original rubber ones underneath. As you can see, it is a perfect fit. No lumps anywhere, and they do not get in your way when driving.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 342

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Dare I say that I have an extra set sitting here looking for a home.

Takes care

Shadowman

'SENDING YOU A PM ON THIS
E.P.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
ROCMAN,
I like the 1369 touch.. It's to bad they don't light up !!! :biggrin Now all you need is a Carbon Fiber console !!!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
ROCMAN,
I like the 1369 touch.. It's to bad they don't light up !!! :biggrin Now all you need is a Carbon Fiber console !!!

Thanks. I think she deserves a little customizing. Everyone always asks "what does that stand for?".:lol
What's the lead time on one of those nifty carbon consoles?

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Mats

Ah...they DO exist. Thanks

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
http://www.roadworksauto.com/default.htm

Think I got mine here - had to call.

Go over the rubber - looks OEM. No hesitation whatsoever. Got the "heavier" weight ones.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
http://www.roadworksauto.com/default.htm

Think I got mine here - had to call.

Go over the rubber - looks OEM. No hesitation whatsoever. Got the "heavier" weight ones.

So did I and I am 100% please, bought mine over their site.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Sorry to beat this horse, but wouldn't the heavier weight versions be too thick and stick up? And you are talking about the carpeted version, right, not rubber, etc.? 32oz or 48oz version? Black I assume? Sorry to be stupid, just looking for exactly what people have ordered and what worked best as they sell several kinds of mats. Anyone thought of the "Rubbertite" version in black, would match the look of the originals and lay over them I assume with minimal thickness???

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Lloyd, carpeted, 1/2" thick, leave OEM rubber mats in place, no bulge, no interference, looks great, plush, luxurious, covers and protects silver painted floor sections on both sides. Now stop beating that dead horse and buy the FN things.