First drive of the year questions

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Took the beast out today and had the following items that make me ask some questions

1. started the car like I do every month just to ensure every thing is still alive , this time an engine light came on and stayed on , dont know why
but I can only imagine it is one of the hundreds on sensors or codes ,
2 when I was in traffic the car ran at 180 degrees which seemed quite comfortable to me , however when i was driving the temop went up to 200 degrees which seemed unusual as usually the temp goes down when you are driving and up when sitting in traffic
3 when I got home i opened the front trunck and found that the car cover bag was extremely hot and so was the grill in the front of the radiator , the whole trunck compartmemt seemed really hot , is this normal

I intend to take the car into my local FORD dealer to get the engine light looked at right away

Thanks in advance for any response

Rob

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
All sounds perfectly normal - save for the engine light. Go to any Autozone and they'll read it for free. Post it here and you'll have the forum tell you next steps.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you sure it was the engine light and none of the doors, hatch, trunk were open?