Finding Focus RS

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
I can't believe I'm running into the same dealership issues, yet again, trying to find a Focus RS no less. Jim, from The Frederick Motor Company in Frederick, Maryland was great to work with on my 2015 GT 350 and is an active member on this site. Problem is I live in Denver and I'd like to get it local. Spoke with an extremely rude and arrogant saleman (Boris) from Mike Naughton Ford here in Aurora, CO after I revived multiple "robo-emails" from them asking to earn my business. O'meara wanted to gouge me for $30K over on a 2015 Anniversary (I found it for sticker in Vegas) so I'm not even goning to call them.
I'd ask for any information on ordering a 2016 RS from a good dealership near Denver, CO. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I've been thinking about Larry Miller Ford (used to be Lakewood FordLand) out on the west side of town but haven't yet used them myself under the new ownership.

On the plus side, this is the same Larry Miller that used to own the facility in Utah so they "ought" to be performance-oriented and perhaps GT-owner friendly?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I can't believe I'm running into the same dealership issues, yet again, trying to find a Focus RS no less. Jim, from The Frederick Motor Company in Frederick, Maryland was great to work with on my 2015 GT 350 and is an active member on this site. Problem is I live in Denver and I'd like to get it local. Spoke with an extremely rude and arrogant saleman (Boris) from Mike Naughton Ford here in Aurora, CO after I revived multiple "robo-emails" from them asking to earn my business. O'meara wanted to gouge me for $30K over on a 2015 Anniversary (I found it for sticker in Vegas) so I'm not even goning to call them.
I'd ask for any information on ordering a 2016 RS from a good dealership near Denver, CO. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Check with your Maryland dealer about ordering through him and having delivery done to a Denver area dealer. Then use that price (and their prep) to tell them you can get the car cheaper and they still have to clean it up and see if they won't match the price.

Have you checked with Brighton Ford and Longmont Ford? Maybe even look in Loveland or Fort Collins.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been thinking about Larry Miller Ford (used to be Lakewood FordLand) out on the west side of town but haven't yet used them myself under the new ownership.

On the plus side, this is the same Larry Miller that used to own the facility in Utah so they "ought" to be performance-oriented and perhaps GT-owner friendly?

Well, the dealership under new ownership may absorb some of the culture (although I've heard that Miller has huge ADMs on their GT350s) but the only Ford dealers that would touch my GT was O'Meara and Sill-Terhar as they were they only ones that still had a Ford GT trained tech on staff.

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Whats the going price for an RS? $10k over MSRP?

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Whats the going price for an RS? $10k over MSRP?

Hey Jason - If you find a good source here in the Twin Cities - let me know. I'm quite interested.

Bill

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Well, the dealership under new ownership may absorb some of the culture (although I've heard that Miller has huge ADMs on their GT350s) but the only Ford dealers that would touch my GT was O'Meara and Sill-Terhar as they were they only ones that still had a Ford GT trained tech on staff.

Interesting, thanks. When I called them about doing the airbag recall on my GT they said they had a trained GT tech...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Interesting, thanks. When I called them about doing the airbag recall on my GT they said they had a trained GT tech...

Well, things change and people move around. My last trip to Sill-Terhar was in spring-ish 2014.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I have one on order. First allocations to dealers are done, being built now, delivery hopefully in 2-3 months (coming from Germany). There are dealers whose allocations have not been spoken for will will probably want over MSRP. I placed an order in early november and was told will be built soon after first allocations are done, hopefully in May June. I inquired about overseas delivery with idea of driving it to Lemans but Ford probably not set up for it. (wishful thinking!!)

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Thanks guys...appreciate the input. I'm not in a hurry, so I feel pretty good that something will pop up. I think the white looks good with all the contrasting dark materials (wheels, body accents, etc...). I'm probably like all of you though, the liquid blue can't be beat; hope it's an option on the GT.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
RS builds haven't started just yet. Many orders were "selected for scheduling" which, at the moment is the best status you can have. I have a friend in NorCal who called 24 different Ford dealership just LAST WEEK and was lucky enough to find a dealer with an allocation and agreed to sell at MSRP. I would caution that you really have to do your due diligence to trust that the dealer does indeed have an allocation. Many people are sitting in an order status of "Unscheduled Clean". Unfortunately, the "unscheduled clean" status is the same for cars where there really is in allocation as well as cars that have been ordered without an allocation. The difference is that un-allocated cars will never leave this status until/unless Ford increases the pool. Cars that get to "selected for scheduling" or a more advanced status (scheduled build week and then scheduled build date) can be assured that their car in a genuine allocation.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
A friend was advised to place an order once production has started, and not a day sooner. When ever that is.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
RS builds haven't started just yet. Many orders were "selected for scheduling" which, at the moment is the best status you can have. I have a friend in NorCal who called 24 different Ford dealership just LAST WEEK and was lucky enough to find a dealer with an allocation and agreed to sell at MSRP. I would caution that you really have to do your due diligence to trust that the dealer does indeed have an allocation. Many people are sitting in an order status of "Unscheduled Clean". Unfortunately, the "unscheduled clean" status is the same for cars where there really is in allocation as well as cars that have been ordered without an allocation. The difference is that un-allocated cars will never leave this status until/unless Ford increases the pool. Cars that get to "selected for scheduling" or a more advanced status (scheduled build week and then scheduled build date) can be assured that their car in a genuine allocation.

Kendall, what's the status on your car? Eagerly awaiting a real-life review.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Hi All,

I am in the market for an RS too and had a very unpleasant experience at my local Ford dealership in Folsom. When I asked about their allocation they told me they had 6 coming in but to expect significant ADMs that they wouldn't budge on. I didn't wait to find out how much they were but I suspect a lot. As a point of reference they had a GT 350 on the showroom floor (non-R version) with a $40K ADM. I just laughed and walked out.

What would you all recommend in terms of finding a dealer to work with that won't demand an ADM? Can these cars be ordered from Ford? Or should I just wait things out, let the excitement and ADMs settle down? Willing to start looking out of state if CA is going to be this difficult.

Thanks!
Seth

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Go to Ford Focus rs forum! Still an occasional car comes up at msrp! No new orders but allocations being given up!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Thanks so much Gene! Great idea. Do you know if Ford ever allowed new orders or will for the 2017 run?

Thanks!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
40k ADM for a non-R? That is just plain stupid.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Right?! That's what I thought too. I mean, I get the whole free market, supply-demand thing but at some point the whole thing gets a little insulting and greedy. But on the other hand, more power to them if they can really sell the thing...all $99,995.00 worth of it.

Still wondering if there will be an opportunity to order a 2017 RS. Sorry for asking the stupid questions, I'm just new to the whole "allocation thing and how it fits in with the ordering process. Any help or advice appreciated.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
yes orders for 2017 are said to begin this summer. I think markups will be less common. Some dealers have probably started their own lists of prospective buyers so I would start inquiring.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I guess what pisses me off the most is that Ford does all the advertising to excite the customers, and these dealers asking high ADMs haven't put a dime into it, but get to reap the benefit!

Seems like Ford should put in the dealers's contract that if they sell a car for above MSRP, that the excess should go to Ford - who paid the money to excite the sale of the product!