West Palm Beach,Fl
I live in West Palm Beach. WELCOME!!!!!

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
I live in West Palm Beach. WELCOME!!!!!
Thanks for the welcome.I expect my beauty mid November and would love to have reason to get on the Turnpike heading north!( of Delray Beach ):thumbsup
Do you have your GT serviced through a Ford dealer ?

Stewart

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Black is sinister, evil.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Congrats. I've had my no stripe '05 for all of 6 days, and each day is better than the last.:cheers

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
"Paris Hilton naked wouldn't draw as much attention.."

That's only because everyone has already seen it. But an all-black GT -- that's a rare sight deserving a triple take! (sorry Paris...) :biggrin

Welcome and enjoy!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome!! I'm in Ft. Laud. I've done all of my own wrenching up to this point. Black 907 highly recommends Sawgrass Ford for service...

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Congrats and welcome!!!
The warrentee goes with the car, but the dealer can show the change in ownership. I assume that it would be helpful for "Roadside Assistance".
Find out if it has an extended warrentee. That has to be transfered and there is a $50 fee.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome. If you are in Delray then we are next door neighbors. I look forward to meeting you on the streets.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Welcome to the GT community!

Black is awesome! Good luck and enjoy the car!!!

:thumbsup

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Congrats and welcome!!!
The warrentee goes with the car, but the dealer can show the change in ownership. I assume that it would be helpful for "Roadside Assistance".
Find out if it has an extended warrentee. That has to be transfered and there is a $50 fee.
Thanks for info.and welcome..
I was not aware that an extended warrantee existed for these cars.
Is this offered through Ford ? ( I will check SEARCH)
Thanks

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
:cheers Congrats! I have a Black no stripe you will love it! Also very rare:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for info.and welcome..
I was not aware that an extended warrantee existed for these cars.
Is this offered through Ford ? ( I will check SEARCH)
Thanks

No Ford extended warranty is available.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
I was told my car has an extended warrantee and I paid to have it transfered. I will follow up.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I was told my car has an extended warrantee and I paid to have it transfered. I will follow up.

Joe,

These are 2 recent discussions on the topic of extended warranties. In short, Ford did not agree to offer an extended warranty - many people have tried unsuccessfully to get one from Ford. However, there are 3rd party warranties offered. If you agree w/a 3rd party extended warranty, the advice has been to read everything & make sure you know exactly what it covers.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7900&highlight=extended+warranty

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7589&highlight=extended+warranty

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Congrats Stewart & welcome! Great color combo as well! "Black Beauty" was given that name for a reason. :thumbsup

Enjoy the new ride!! :cheers

MJ

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
The Dealer just sent me the "Oasis Result" for my car. It shows the Extended Warrantee. See below:

214490652-L.jpg

He says it is no longer available. I bought the car from the former owner of a dealership. I was lucky!!

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
ARRIVED this morning!

Hello Everyone..
In approx 15 days my new (to me)2005 Solid Black(no stripes) GT will arrive in Delray Beach,Florida.:biggrin
I have been watching and learning from all of you that participate on this great forum for some time . I am looking forward to being an active member and developing friendships and good times. The opp to buy this GT actually fell into my lap unexpectedly.After talking with 40-50 people over the past two years in an effort to secure a GT without being abused too badly,a friend of a friend happened to mention his need to let his Black GT go..(1000 miles)
He is a true enthusiast and the car is impeccable..I feel very lucky.
So..here we go with the newbie questions.(pls indulge ). :thumbsup

Any South Florida Gt owners active on site ?(assuming YES)
Can anyone recommend a Ford dealer for service in South Florida area ?

Does Ford keep track of these cars as ownership changes,accidents occur etc?

For those that purchased new (used) Gt, does warranty simply transfer or do I need to notify Ford? I want to receive TSB's etc so a change can be important in the future.The car is under warranty thru 3/09.

Half shaft issue..any owners in S Florida have any experience with this matter? If so..what did you do to address it?
Thanks to all....
Well..Hog Haulers just delivered my GT.(by the way, great service by this transport team )..
All I can say is I don't know if I should drive her or date her (maybe both).
WOW...
I have owned many M series cars,NSX,porsches,amg'S ETC ETC..AS HAVE MOST OF YOU FELLOW OWNERS. This car is amazing. It is smooth and easy to drive (clutch / steering effortless) but yet commands respect and attention of it's driver.
I will get some pics up soon...I am overwhelmed ! Thanks for all the well wishes ..Got to go..only 8 more hours of sunlight to spend driving together.:wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sounds good.
Hog Haulers do good work!
Any chance that the driver was Chris?
He hauled a load of FGT's to Indy and back West.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Well..Hog Haulers just delivered my GT.(by the way, great service by this transport team )..
All I can say is I don't know if I should drive her or date her (maybe both).
WOW...
I have owned many M series cars,NSX,porsches,amg'S ETC ETC..AS HAVE MOST OF YOU FELLOW OWNERS. This car is amazing. It is smooth and easy to drive (clutch / steering effortless) but yet commands respect and attention of it's driver.
I will get some pics up soon...I am overwhelmed ! Thanks for all the well wishes ..Got to go..only 8 more hours of sunlight to spend driving together.:wink

You have the "GTgrin!" :thumbsup

:cheers

It really is just great looking at it. Since I've had my gal I put cable, relocated a 27" TV, added a 1,000 watt stereo in the garage..... stocked the fridge (yes Bony w/ Hieneken).... and weekends in the garage when you don't drive the gal have a new meaning! Enjoy Her! and Thank God you don't have to park her during the winter! Unlike other people in Ill.

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
Congratulations Stewart, and welcome to another South Florida GT owner!:party

I'm in Broward and service my '05 Red/White with Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise. They seem to know the GT well.

23 months and I'm still smiling every time I look/start/drive her:biggrin

-Lew