Finally Did it....Ordered a Jeep Wrangler.....With a V8

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Have been wanting one since the 4 door came out in 2006 (the 2 door wasn't a good fit for our then growing family).

That dream was dormant until 2019 when the retractible roof came out, started getting real vibes when the Diesel was introduced in 2020, and the fever ramped up when they put a 6.4L Hemi V8 in it, doesn't get any more American than a Wrangler with a big V8.

After my current daily was T-boned earlier this year, I had some insurance money and an inhertiance :( to go spend stupid money on an $85,000 Wrangler. Of course now the kids are grown so my vision of life with a Wrangler needs to change.

hopefully will arrive in Feb/March. If anyone is looking, there is a network of dealers that discount them 7-10% from MSRP.

Muffy.Bennett

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Great vehicles - certain you’ll love it! Post a pic when delivered!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I've been tempted to pick up a V8 Wrangler, too. I like the 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that I bought my kid to drive, but always thought how it would be soooo much better with a smooth, powerful V8. Should be a lot of fun in the snow, too (have to make the best of South Dakota winters). Let us know how it goes!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Thanks, looking forward to it.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Congrats Shark! I absolutely love mine. It makes me giggle like a little kid every time I drive it.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Shark, you won't want to drive anything else. Just the noise this thing makes is pure evil. You're gonna love the way it launches under full throttle. You can shut the valves and it sounds civil.......but you wont.;). Totally shocked they built this beast. Enjoy.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Congrats Shark! I absolutely love mine. It makes me giggle like a little kid every time I drive it.
Thanks, nice to hear from you. The “giggle factor” was one of the drivers. I was getting ready to order a diesel, watching dozens of YouTube reviews. People gave wranglers with all the other motors mostly positive reviews, but everyone was all serious.

When I started looking at 392 videos, everyone was smiling, giggling, laughing out loud. Everyone was having FUN driving the thing, every review was very positive. Did I need another V8? No, but it became obvious that owners were enjoying the 392 much more than other options.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Shark, you won't want to drive anything else. Just the noise this thing makes is pure evil. You're gonna love the way it launches under full throttle. You can shut the valves and it sounds civil.......but you wont.;). Totally shocked they built this beast. Enjoy.
My neighbors may have a different opinion on always using the fun button (I usually leave the house at 5:30 AM). This rig existing is reminiscent of 2004 Ford green lighting and being able to build GTs.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Ordered in mid-October, still waiting. Very Bronco-like LOL

Reactions: Cadster

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Finally was able to take delivery this past weekend, was limited to 55 mph driving back to Houston from Lake Charles La for engine break in and was passed by EVERYTHING on the road…..miserable LOL

Reactions: digman1

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Get us some photos

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
jeep1.jpgjeep2.jpgjeep3.jpg