Here comes LeMans!!!

Yeah baby!!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Chip

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
F'n outstanding!!!!:thumbsup

Question, the commentators remarked that the FGT is down on power but is able to make up for it with its chassis. Why is the FGT restricted more than the others???? Thats :bs Whats up with that???:skep Comment was also made that Matech should speak to the organizers/officials about running with less restriction.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
You know what I'm really diggin' about the racing GT's? The mirrors! Outside of the fact that some dumb@$$ would probably ride into them on a bicycle, I'd love to retro fit a set.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
The mirror units are for sale :) Either brand new...or you can buy the mirrors from the actual cars after the Le Mans race.

I think the retro fitting would be quite tricky though, but certainly possible.

Matech GT1

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
The mirror units are for sale :) Either brand new...or you can buy the mirrors from the actual cars after the Le Mans race.

I think the retro fitting would be quite tricky though, but certainly possible.

Matech GT1

congrats on another great win, we only came second in our 6 hour race last weekend, do you have a price on a new set of mirrors we cant see anything coming up our right side.ps we have lexan windows so fitting them won't be hard
:thumbsup:cheers
Neil
NZ05GT

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
I will get you a price for the mirrors. Also we have fitted a rear view camera, with screen mounted on the dash. Looks fantastic !

Matech GT1

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
I will get you a price for the mirrors. Also we have fitted a rear view camera, with screen mounted on the dash. Looks fantastic !

Matech GT1

great minds think alike, I have a camera as our rearveiw mirror as well
thanks
Neil NZ05GT
whipple charged
Matech aero body work

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
As you can imagine, all the parts for the race cars are bespoke items, hand made in extremely small quantities. As such, this is reflected in the price. I cannot disclose prices on the internet, but will happily discuss this in person with the forum sponsors attending Le Mans. For those not attending, please send me an email and I will come back to you with some details.

momentum@matech-competition.ch

Thanks,
Matech GT1

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Matech: Aside from the mirrors can you let us know if the FGTs are restricted more then the other cars...????
If so why??? Doesn't seem fair.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
I cannot say what I think about the balancing of performance and how balanced it is...but all cars are balanced through a number of measures so that they have the same overall performance as each other over the course of the year. Measures include changes to the restrictor size which limits the maximum amount of air getting to the engine and therefore the power, adjustments to ride height, size of rear wing etc etc.

Our RoushYates engine in unrestricted form is rated at 665bhp and 720Nm of torque. We are restricted to much less than that. This also applies to the other cars in the series, to a greater or lesser extent. We simply have to make the best from what we are allowed to do.

Regards,
Matech GT1

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks for the reply. Was just concerned they are putting you guys as some disadvantage based on what the commentators were saying.

Good luck!!! Go get 'em. We want to see the FGT back at its rightful place on the LeMans podium....#1:banana

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Thanks Waxer....that's where we want to be as well. :)

Matech GT1