FGT Halon Fire Extinguisher

dandaman

GT Owner
Apr 8, 2007
Tyler, Tx
I have been visiting with Don Warren at Safecraft in ordering a fire extinguisher for my GT. They have developed a special customized mounting bracket made out of billet aluminum that mounts the extinguisher to the passenger side of the center console. It mounts using the existing screws which means there is no drilling involved. After mounting mine I was very impressed with the quality and fit of their FGT unit. Don told me that their
2 1/2 pound unit can be ordered in Red, White, Black, Black Crinkle and their new color which is a Carbon Fiber pattern. The Carbon Fiber Pattern runs a little extra. Don told me that he would sell them to us for $330.00 and the carbon fiber model at $415. This cost would include shipping. If anyone would like to order one you can go to their web site at www.safecraft.com or give them a call at 1-800-400-2259 :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Attachments

• Fire GT.jpg
    Fire GT.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Fire bracket mounted.jpg
    Fire bracket mounted.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 667
  • Fire 1.jpg
    Fire 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 731

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I Agree - Very Nice Addition

I just installed this exact unit on Saturday and I can attest to its first rate quality and appearance. The black crinkle finish and machined billet components are well matched to the GT's looks and attention to detail. I don't believe the unit encroachs too significantly on the passenger's side legroom, but I'll leave that answer to the little lady.

I am a touch concerned that the part of the mounting bracket that goes over the console side panels (at the bottom edge) may leave an impression so I plan to remove the unit in a few days and take a look. If it does, I plan to cover the entire back face with an adhesive pad rather than simply the two 1/2" adhesive rubber stripes that run horizontally across nearly the entire width. If I'm still not satisfied, I'll scrap the mount in favor of the mount that is secured onto the passenger's seat tracks. I realize that such mounting renders the seat fixed but NBD there.

PS - I peeled off the Safecraft label which detracts from the appearance.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have my bottle mounted in front of the passenger seat with Ed Sims designed bracket.

You ca, remove the bottle and adjust the seat as desired.

Safecraft produces great products.

I also have Shadowman's fixed engine compartment system installed. It is a work of art.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hopefully Don will become a site sponsor...

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Fire extinguisher & storage space

It looks great. I’ve contacted Safecraft about getting one myself. Does it prevent you from using the storage box underneath it? Probably not an issue considering how large our glove compartments and center console storage areas are :wink, but I thought I would ask.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Mark I think all the mounting locations are fine.

But I tried it in both locations. I think it depend on your own arm reach. I have been in a race car with a fire, and for my reach the floor mount is what I decided to do. You could actually have both brackets installed. The one pictured comes with the bottle. The other is sold through Livermore racing.

The advantage of the console mount is that you can move the seat all the way forward if you wanted. The floor mount allows it to move a little forward with the bottle in place. But to move it all the way up, you would need to remove the bottle. The issue here is, to leave the seat all the way forward and drive around. You would need to put the bottle somewhere. If you were just moving it forward to get something behind the seat easier and sliding it back, no problem. Some move the seat forward for more storage behind it on a trip. This is where the console mount will shine. I would just order it from Don and it you find your reach does not fit for an emergency, then order the floor mount.

The Safecraft Bottle and Fire systems are first class:thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
extinguisher mount

I like the seat mount as it is almost invisible. My wife is usually my passenger and she never moves the seat forward - she likes the leg room. She reported that the tunnel mount was slightly intrusive to her left leg whereas the seat mount does not take up any leg room for her. I noticed Cannibal used his Livermore Performance mount on the driver's seat. Either mount is a good choice though (no holes drilled or tape used on the seat mount though).

Ed

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Good points. Seat mount it is then. Thanks.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
anyone have a pic of the seat mount?

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
3687634670_12434f90eb.jpg

3686833365_353dcab852.jpg

I like this mount, but not being able to move the passenger seat forward has sometimes been inconvenient (like when I have an extra tall passenger who needs to sit with the seat forward and the back reclined). Other than that, it's a great setup.

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Have had this system on my Pantera GT5S for some time. Mounted on front of drivers seat, no problem getting in and out. Seat still slides back and forth to max. See first picture attached to Mark06GT post. My system came with the bracket mounted on the bottle plus the bracket in the picture less the flat aluminum piece attached to seat bracket. I had to drill holes in the front of my seat. Some slight simple mods may be required.

Attachments

• Blat control,floor mat and fire ex.jpg
    Blat control,floor mat and fire ex.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

smallblk400

May 17, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
Thanks for posting this! I am definately making my list of must have's, shortly after I get my GT & this is a must have!!!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Improved Design Floor Mount Brackets available. Don at Safecraft also has some in stock, just ask with your order or PM me. Have 9 silver and one black in stock. Texas Mile Special Pricing.

We lined up the mounting holes with a little relief to prevent stripping the bolt hole in the floor frame on install. Moved the fixed location forward enough to reach the seat adjuster and still use the front seat pouch.

We also integrated a track so it can be adjusted even further forward to accomodate putting things behind the seat on your trip to the track.

Aluminum with clear anodized finish to match the Safecraft PB series fire extinguishers.

Note: Includes longer bolts in allen head style for easier adjustment and to make up for added thickeness. Allen wrench included.

Attachments

• TP1055-1-l.jpg
    TP1055-1-l.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 123
  • TP1055-2-l.jpg
    TP1055-2-l.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 126

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Good job, Wally! :thumbsup :thumbsup

:cheers