Ferrari California

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Have you guys seen the pics of this car yet? I think its actually a modern F-car that I would enjoy owning. Something about the lines of the car that I like.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=6914

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Thanks for the link. Looks like a convertible 599 with a very cool retro front end. You are right, the lines are great and that hood is awesome. :thumbsup

Would like to have a Ferrari someday when alzheimers sets in and I will be able to rountinely forget how much the service appointments cost. :ack

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
This car looks like an Aston Martin to me. The 599 has that 3 pointed front end.

ferrari-599-gtb-2big.jpg

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Somebody in Maranello must greatly admire the Corvette.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Somebody in Maranello must greatly admire the Corvette.

Ah, but no retractable roof on the Corvette......yet. I like the car, but it appears small....like a Saturn Sky. If the resale is anything like other 4-seat Ferrari Converts it will be horrid. Mondial, 400i etc. I'm just not sure a "baby" Ferrari is what folks want for $250K.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The 599 is an amazing car, truly world class grand touring machine.
The California is already sold out. I had the chance to drive one at the factory last month and go for a ride with a test driver on the test track and can honestly say it put a smile on my mug!
Ferrari is a bench mark automobile company...

Ford proved they can produce an equal machine, the Ford GT. I look forward to buying Ford's next halo car in the next few years.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ford proved they can produce an equal machine, the Ford GT. I look forward to buying Ford's next halo car in the next few years.

Yes, Ford built a great car, the GT. If you really believe a new halo car is coming in a few years, you can double down and buy some Ford stock at these depressed prices. The halo car will not happen unless Ford's financials improve. If you buy enough stock the halo car can be "free." Of course if the halo car never comes out, your stock will probably be worth much less.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Clinton...
Ass-xactly, bought 2000 more shares, not as many as another Fresnan. Mr K!

Was with a dealer last night that bought a large amount last week.

My stock buys have zip to do with my toy box :)

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
That GR-1 Concept makes me hot.....would be nice to see that made.....

Gino

(ok Frank/bony, you can chime in now, I left the door open for you...lol)

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
This car looks like an Aston Martin to me. The 599 has that 3 pointed front end.

ferrari-599-gtb-2big.jpg

I was talking about the rear :eek looking like a 599! :biggrin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
California=Mondial

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
California=Mondial

Not an overwhelming endorsement.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
You know Porsche is building the Panamerica, Aston is building the DB9 2+2, now Ferrari is building a 2+2 ... it seems to be a trend. i don't think I would call this a modern Mondial since that car always seemed "cobbled" together. This design is very fluid and comes with some interesting features like the folding metal top. Too bad they are sold out ...

Unique cars are just that .... unique. Don't really look at a modern car as an investment but rather look at them passionately. Frankly, there are better investments than rolling stock but few as fun. If I buy something and it depreciates ... who cares. Thats one of the reasons I drive the GT ... I enjoy doing it. Its not about asset retention, its about living a pleasurable, rewarding life. I have several cross country trips driving exotics under my belt (truly incredible experiences). That was the fantasy I had when I was younger .. owning and driving one ... not owning and waiting for it to appreciate in value.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
You know Porsche is building the Panamerica, Aston is building the DB9 2+2, now Ferrari is building a 2+2 ... it seems to be a trend. i don't think I would call this a modern Mondial since that car always seemed "cobbled" together. This design is very fluid and comes with some interesting features like the folding metal top. Too bad they are sold out ...

Unique cars are just that .... unique. Don't really look at a modern car as an investment but rather look at them passionately. Frankly, there are better investments than rolling stock but few as fun. If I buy something and it depreciates ... who cares. Thats one of the reasons I drive the GT ... I enjoy doing it. Its not about asset retention, its about living a pleasurable, rewarding life. I have several cross country trips driving exotics under my belt (truly incredible experiences). That was the fantasy I had when I was younger .. owning and driving one ... not owning and waiting for it to appreciate in value.

Agreed :thumbsup I always wanted to be a driver rather than a collector. I have driven cross country twice on a motorcycle, but never an exotic. That would have to be an incredible experience!!

Going along with the train of thought I tell my friends to focus on the moment. Life (in my version anyway) is a series of chances to enjoy that gift on a day to day basis. Whether it is walking the dog, staring out at the sky or traveling to Europe, hopefully there is a portion of everyday that reminds you of why you are here. To enjoy life. It is a choice to be happy and I make it everyday. :cheers

The GT in my garage is just a bonus. :biggrin