ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

H

HHGT

I was confronted by three morons on a 200 mile roundtrip trip yesterday blocking the fast lane with no one in front of them. Every time I gave a signal and attempted to go around they sped up. Being in my Diesel Silverado and having balls the size of Texas I ended up using the shoulder to pass them "carefully" and of course immediately after the high beams and the honking started as if they had leased Interstate 5 for the day. Once in front, I dropped the duramax in low gear manually to put out a ton of black smoke and proceeded to spray wash my windshield repeatedly. The funny part came when they tried to pass me up and did not realize that Kendall had worked on performance upgrades for my truck - all they saw was a smile on my face and a wave goodbye.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
While riding my CBX on I-5 several years ago, I did EXACTLY the same thing for EXACTLY the same reason - and got EXACTLY the same results!

Isn't it amazing how those pukes ALWAYS seem to be able to find their acclerator as your doing that (...not that it does 'em any good)?

(The WSP supposedly was going to crack down on passing lane perchers. Ya, right. I haven't seen it.)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
....... put out a ton of black smoke.....

flatulence problem EP?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
flatulence problem EP?

Aaaah, shuddup. And take a reading comprehension course fer Pete's sake, will ya?! :tongue

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
While riding my CBX on I-5 several years ago, I did EXACTLY the same thing for EXACTLY the same reason - and got EXACTLY the same results!

Isn't it amazing how those pukes ALWAYS seem to be able to find their acclerator as your doing that (...not that it does 'em any good)?

(The WSP supposedly was going to crack down on passing lane perchers. Ya, right. I haven't seen it.)

You rode a CBX? That is amazing giving you rarely drive a car. A CBX shouldn't have any problems passing any yo-yo no matter if they are blocking the road or not.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You rode a CBX? That is amazing giving you rarely drive a car. A CBX shouldn't have any problems passing any yo-yo no matter if they are blocking the road or not.

Yeeew can shuddup, too! :lol

You're right about the CBX though. In their day, they were THEE end all & be all in the 2 wheel world. (I believe it was 'Cycle World'(?) that discribed 'em back then as, "an engine...with just enough connected to it to allow it to get down the road"...or something darn close to that.)

Still to this day, those 6, transverse, in-line cylinders & chromed header pipes are darned impressive looking when they're coming straight atcha...or you look up and see 'em in your rv mirror! :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Yeeew can shuddup, too! :lol

You're right about the CBX though. In their day, they were THEE end all & be all in the 2 wheel world. (I believe it was 'Cycle World'(?) that discribed 'em back then as, "an engine...with just enough connected to it to allow it to get down the road"...or something darn close to that.)

Still to this day, those 6, transverse, in-line cylinders & chromed header pipes are darned impressive looking when they're coming straight atcha...or you look up and see 'em in your rv mirror! :biggrin

I knew a guy that always passed doing a wheelie with his CBX. Amazing seeing that huge engine up in the air! That always got the attention of the slower driver.

Couldn't have done anything good for the frame or forks though.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you'll remember, Clinton, most of the "frame" was actually THE ENGINE!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I was on a road trip and came upon 7 cars behind an idiot in the fast lane going about 60 with someone in the right doing the same. It went on for miles and I thought somebody was going to pull a gun for a minute(there would have been if I had carried that day) I was in a Z06 and after a while I was able to squeeze up front and I immediatly got on the brakes and slowed him to about 40 and all the people started passing and every one of them were waving and saying thank you.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You seem to be correct in that the engine is a structure member and can be considered part of the frame. But note where the triple clampes attach to some black frame members.

honda-cbx-1.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

You have a CBX ??? Wow,, Know I know why I like you,,,
:biggrin I had a 79 sport version

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You have a CBX ??? Wow,, Know I know why I like you,,,
:biggrin I had a 79 sport version

That's EXACTLY the one I had. It was the (gulp) candy red color (in ICE's photo). (Well? They didn't OFFER midnite blue, dang it!)

The '79 model was the last of the 'high h.p.' units. 'Power was bumped down a tad from '80 'til that model was discontinued.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I was on a road trip and came upon 7 cars behind an idiot in the fast lane going about 60 with someone in the right doing the same. It went on for miles and I thought somebody was going to pull a gun for a minute(there would have been if I had carried that day) I was in a Z06 and after a while I was able to squeeze up front and I immediatly got on the brakes and slowed him to about 40 and all the people started passing and every one of them were waving and saying thank you.

:thumbsup

This is a serious problem up here. They are called left lane campers. They tend to be self righteous citizen law enforcers. They are the # 1 cause of road rage.

In my area south of Seattle, they are commonly driving a Prius or Subaru. The Subaru will be plastered with John Kerry stickers and there is a Kayak on the roof.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:thumbsup

This is a serious problem up here. They are called left lane campers.

AKA: Passing Lane Percher(s) and Left Lane Lenny(s).

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Self Appointed "Speed Monitors".

Much of the problem would go away if cruise control devices would be banned.

Enforcement by the WSP is not so obvious. I read a few months ago they issued something like 14,000 warnings AND 5,000 TICKETS FOR REPEAT OFFENDERS.

I seem to be behind most of them one time or another. So I usually pass them on the right....beats getting a ticket for agressive driving caused by flashing the
lights ....which does no good as those perp's ahead of me only use their mirrors for backing up or putting on their make-up.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I was confronted by three morons on a 200 mile roundtrip trip yesterday blocking the fast lane with no one in front of them. Every time I gave a signal and attempted to go around they sped up. Being in my Diesel Silverado and having balls the size of Texas I ended up using the shoulder to pass them "carefully" and of course immediately after the high beams and the honking started as if they had leased Interstate 5 for the day. Once in front, I dropped the duramax in low gear manually to put out a ton of black smoke and proceeded to spray wash my windshield repeatedly. The funny part came when they tried to pass me up and did not realize that Kendall had worked on performance upgrades for my truck - all they saw was a smile on my face and a wave goodbye.

Good for you, you can drive on my highway anytime. I’ve been waiting for a good opportunity to use my hunt’n lights.

attachment.php

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
So I usually pass them on the right....beats getting a ticket for agressive driving caused by flashing the
lights ....which does no good as those perp's ahead of me only use their mirrors for backing up or putting on their make-up.

So, have you considered mounting a pair of .50 cals ala James Bond?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Not me, gas mileage would go way down with additional weight of the ammo and trailer.