Fastest quarter mile times

GTBRAT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
What are some of the actual track quarter mile times some of you guys have heard of with the twin turbo set ups or the bolt ons ? Bill

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
in 3 weeks we will try to use my car FORDGT TT to get the best 1/4 mile run till then i think it is 10.4 at 144

SVTregistry

Jan 16, 2006
NYC
piko6 said:
in 3 weeks we will try to use my car FORDGT TT to get the best 1/4 mile run till then i think it is 10.4 at 144

Good Luck!

Post some pix/vids when you do get the times...

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Where are you going to run it?

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
www.dragtimes.com has a few listed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Stock 11.60s pulley & tune 11.20; mph ~127 mph ~133. Heavily weather dependant. I've only used a G-Tech, but the E.T is generally dead on. I subtract 4 mph because that's the high side of how off it is when I've taken it to the actual strip with me, highest it read stock was 131.5, pulley 137.1. On the same road, my 422ci Z06 would generally read 129-130 on the G-tech and would go 126-128 at the actual strip.

GTBRAT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
thanks for the info Guys I was hoping to hear someone had gone faster with the twin turbo set up at the 1320 than Joe's 10.44 @144 with the Nitrous .I would love to see some of the twin Turbo cars make some passes and get us some better number s . Bill

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
GTBRAT said:
thanks for the info Guys I was hoping to hear someone had gone faster with the twin turbo set up at the 1320 than Joe's 10.44 @144 with the Nitrous .I would love to see some of the twin Turbo cars make some passes and get us some better number s . Bill

Any idea what shot Joe used in his Nitrous run?

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Not much. I think either 30 or 50

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
The stock GT is good for about an 11.80 elapsed time in the 1/4 mile. Some maybe a little quicker, some a little slower, depending on the driver. I dosen't take too many performance parts on the GT to boost the performance to under an 11.50 second elapsed time, and this is where things can get complicated. To run 11.50, all you need is an approved helmet and not be wearing shorts. To run 11.49 (or quicker) you need a whole host of "safety devices", some of which either don't apply to the GT or can't even be incorporated into the car without screwing it up. To run 11.49 or quicker, the GT needs a 6-point roll bar, a 5-point safety harness, a flywheel shield, a special flywheel and clutch assembly and a fire jacket. All of these items must be approved by either NHRA (or IHRA), and also SFI.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Tell 'em you've got a 12 second car then go blast off your 11 second run. :banana You'll just have to run a different track every weekend. :biggrin

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Accufab what were all the mods you have done to your GT when you ran the tuner shootout in motor trend where you ran 10's?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
I am the Tech Director for the FFW Series. In March of this year in Orlando, Tony ran the red GT that went 10.44 (the video has been posted many times). I knew the car was "illegal" for those ET's but I also have known Tony for several years too, and I knew that he was a competent driver and knew what he was doing. Even still, the track management eventually realized that that GT was running in the 10's without a roll bar and asked me to disqualify Tony, which I was required to do.

When John ran Greg's GT (Californiacuda) below 11.49, here again, John is more than competent to do that (his own dual turbo race car runs in the mid 6's at over 214 MPH) and in this case, no one at the track was paying attention. This is what typically happens. There are still some track people that don't realize the poptential of the GT and don't look too closely during the tech inspection. As the man posted above, much of the time you can get away with it, at least until the track finally sees "the problem".

As a certified SFI Tech Inspector, I see "the problem" and tried my damndest to get NHRA to change the rules for the GT. In fact, Greg and I went over to NHRA headquarters and met with their tech official but unfortunately, no matter how much logical information we gave them, they refused to issue a waiver for the GT. They did promise to look into it but as of this moment, I have heard no positive response.

So, if you go to a drag strip and they ask how quick it goes, tell them it runs 11.80, and run it until they stop you, LOL.

At the Accufab sponsored GT Roundup in October (at an NHRA track), I will be teching the cars and as long as the driver has a helmet and long pants, he can have at it, until the track comes down on me.

George

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I know that ET is important to drag racers. And ET is a lot about traction, timing and driving skills. When I go to the quarter mile, I look at MPH. MPH tell you HP, ET tells you traction. It is very easy to roll through the start enough to trip the lights and then hammer it. That will give you a good MPH and tell you the car's power. And you won't have to worry about breaking out and being tossed out.

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Very true Bart. The roll bar requirements are based off of ET only. Speed is not part of the criteria, unless you go faster than 135 MPH, at which time you are required to have a parachute, LOL.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Accufab I appreciate the info but as a long time drag racer I understand what the IHRA and NHRA rules are as far as safety devices that are required. The question I have is what modifications did you have on your car you ran in the motor trend shootout where you car ran 10's in the 130's? I assume you had a pulley, tune and what else if anything?

thanks

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
If I may respond, the under 11 second run happened in Canada at the Ontario Motorsport Park about 5 months after the Motor Trend shootout.

Mods include 2.5 Kenne Bell snout and pulley, Accufab throttle body, inlet pipe support, 100 octane fuel and Accufab tune, Borla exhaust, Pirelli Pcorsa 345 19 rear tires, prepped track.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Thanks!

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Fun Ford Weekend

Saturday I ran a 11.4 and 128 @ California Speedways Fun Ford Weekend. Only had the one run because I was then require to have a roll cage and a suit. Could have gone lower and faster as 1st to second was early and 2nd to 3rd I hit the rev limiter. Sure would have liked to have made a few more runs to dial it in.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
oskie100 said:
Saturday I ran a 11.4 and 128 @ California Speedways Fun Ford Weekend. Only had the one run because I was then require to have a roll cage and a suit. Could have gone lower and faster as 1st to second was early and 2nd to 3rd I hit the rev limiter. Sure would have liked to have made a few more runs to dial it in.

Oskie,

Is your car stock, and how many miles are on it?

Thanks