Extended Waaranty

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
I know there have been a few posts regarding this topic- but with that being said I was offered this today. Worth it or not-
Dear Mitch,

Santa Margarita Ford would like to thank you for taking the time to consider our program. Following is the information you requested. This Portfolio Protection Plan Agreement is backed by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Warranty Group. Virginia Surety Company, Inc. is currently rated by A.M. Best as A- (Excellent) and has been a premier provider of vehicle service contracts for over 25 years. Having a comprehensive extended service contract will provide you with peace of mind, knowing that you and your vehicle will be taken care of in the event of an unexpected breakdown.

We feel it is especially important to protect your vehicle, in view of today's high cost of repairs. Below, you will find information outlining the benefit level of each plan.

VEHICLE INFO/ PLAN
YEAR: 2005
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: GT
TYPE: Plan F Hi-Tech
ADDITIONAL MONTHS: 36
ADDITIONAL MILES: 36000
DEDUCTIBLE: $25
TOTAL SALE PRICE: $2,523.00
DOWN PAYMENT: $132.79
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $132.79
NUMBER OF PAYMENTS: 18

Following this letter is a summary of the coverage levels for each plan for your review. I think you will find upon reviewing the plan discussed the coverage provides tremendous value and the peace of mind you are seeking.

PLAN B EXCLUSIONARY COVERAGE - Includes everything under D & F

What is Exclusionary Coverage?
Portfolio is the elite plan specifically designed to provide unparalleled coverage especially for vehicles that are well equipped. The plan provides you with the most comprehensive coverage available and yet is easy to understand. It is the best repair coverage beyond the factory warranty that you can get. PORTFOLIO EXCLUSIONARY covers just about everything. It's easier to list what is not covered -EXCLUDED- than to list everything that is covered.

What's Excluded?
Routine maintenance items such as oil, coolant, fluids, refrigerant such as the battery and cable, lights and bulbs, tires, brake pads, brake drums, brake shoes, exhaust system, shock absorbers, and strut insert cartridges Appearance concerns and exterior items such as bright metal, vinyl, ornaments, wheel covers, and paint are not covered. Interior items such as upholstery, buttons, carpet, door and window handles are not covered.

PLAN D POWERTRAIN COVERAGE

ENGINE
All internal lubricated parts; timing belt, pulleys and cover; oil pump; water pump; manifolds; harmonic balancer; engine mounts; turbo; supercharger and internal parts.

Note: Cases, housings, engine block and cylinder heads are only covered if damaged by the failure of an internal lubricated part.

TRANSMISSION AUTOMATIC/TRANSFER CASE
All internal lubricated parts; torque converter; vacuum modulator; front pump.

TRANSMISSION MANUAL/TRANSFER CASE
All internal lubricated parts.

FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE
All internal lubricated parts; axle shafts, constant velocity joints, front hub assembly and bearings.

REAR-WHEEL DRIVE
All internal lubricated parts; propeller shafts, supports and U-joints; axle shafts and bearings

PLAN F HI-TECH COVERAGE
Includes:
ALL PLAN D POWERTRAIN COMPONENT COVERAGE

AND

Engine Cooling System
Fan, clutch, fan motor

FUEL SYSTEM
Fuel pump, fuel injection pump, lines, nozzles and vacuum pump.

FACTORY AIR CONDITIONING
Condenser, compressor, evaporator, temperature control programmer.

BRAKES
Master cylinder, power brake booster, wheeler cylinders, hydraulic lines and fitters, disc calipers.

FRONT SUSPENSION
Struts; upper and lower control arms and shafts and bushings; upper and lower ball joints; stabilizer shaft, linkage and bushings; spindles and supports; wheel bearings.

STEERING
All internal lubricated parts; rack and pinion and all internal parts; power cylinder assembly, power steering pump, main and intermediate steering shafts and coupling; tie rods and tie rod ends; idler arm, pitman arm.

ELECTRICAL
Alternator; voltage regulator; distributor; starter motor, starter drive and solenoid; electronic ignition module; wiring harness; manually operated switches; wiper motor; power window motor; sunroof motor.

PLUS

SEALS AND GASKETS
Seals and gaskets relating to all covered components

ELECTRONIC HIGH TECH COMPONENTS
Level control compressor, sensors and limited valve; pneumatic suspension pump sensors and valves; fuel injection sensors and control module; ignition module; spark control detonation sensors and controller; drive

information display and module; moisture control unit and sensors; anti-detonation sensors; manufacturer installed combination entry system, manufacturer installed anti-theft device; ABS anti-locking system)

ELECTRICAL PLUS
All power motors and solenoids related to the electrical operations of antenna, door locks, power headlight motors, seat motors, mirrors, convertible tops, power truck releases.

BENEFITS

Roadside Assistance provides towing and other emergency needs. If you have a breakdown or need assistance, all you do is call the toll-free 800 number and a dedicated staff is there to help you 24 hours a day.

Towing
In the event of a covered mechanical break-down, towing will be provided to you. No matter where, no matter what the time of day. Just call.

Gasoline and Fluids
An emergency supply of gasoline, oil cooling fluid & water will be delivered to you when an immediate need arises.

Flat Tire Assistance
Removal and replacement of a flat tire with your spare

Lock-Out
The service will provide for a commercial locksmith to gain entry to your vehicle if the keys are locked in the vehicle.

Battery Jumpstart
If a battery failure occurs, a jump start will be delivered to you when in immediate need.

Toll-Free Access
If you need assistance for any of the above service, just call the toll-free 800 number on your contract.

Substitute Transportation

If your covered repairs require your vehicle to be kept overnight, and you require substitute transportation, you may be eligible for reimbursement of such expenses under your Portfolio extended service agreement.

The information contained is intended to provide only an outline of the plans, exclusions, and limitations of your mechanical repair agreement. You are encouraged to read your agreement paperwork, if applicable, upon receipt, for specifics.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Wouldn't trust it - there is a hidden cap somewhere.

Tell them it's not a Mustang GT and send a Pic..... :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wouldn't trust it - there is a hidden cap somewhere.

Tell them it's not a Mustang GT and send a Pic..... :cheers

+1

The devil's in the "fine print". And I don't see any fine print there.

'Only thing I can say is what's been said before: if there were an extended warranty available worth having - Ford would have offered it. :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Who is authorized to do the work under the extended warranty? Is there a cap on the rate paid for repairs? Do you really trust shops that are authorized to work on the car?

I only trust these 3 to work on my car.

1. Shadowman
2. The GT Guy
3. Myself

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
Any ASE certified shop is authorized to work on the car.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Do engine modifications (or other mods) cause those parts to be excluded?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:dead::dead::dead::dead:

Need more horses. No enough to beat on this issue. :biggrin

Seriously, I dont think there will ever be an extended warranty that is a BENEFIT to you/us the customer. If it was, the company would not sell it.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I have no relation to insurer/parent.

Usually these warranty insurers are fly-by-night and underfunded, and your state insurance commissioner/AG has 100 cases pending against them.

Virginia Surety is not one of them. It was a subsidiary of AON and was bought by a large publicy traded billion C$ private equity shop called ONEX based in Canada, with a blue chip management team.

Having said that, I would get a copy of the policy and read every word, including $ caps. Then call and speak to an underwriter and walk him thru failure/$ costs.

Its a $70 a month roll of the dice. You are basically betting that for $840 a year they will bail you out of a catastrophic failure (ie, $40K engine, $15K transaxle, $5K ECU module). You are not buying this for a/c failure.

So, are you feeling lucky betting $840 v. $15-40K win, discounted by probability of occurence, collection, legal fees.

----------

ps, unrelated babe question. Do you see any of the OC Housewives in Coto....I need Gretchen!

H

HHGT

I know for a fact that Santa Margarita Ford's Service Department took one of our good friend's GT for a Joy Ride soon after it was purchased and destroyed the front end. Eventually they took care of all the suspension components and replaced the nose of the car. The old fascia sits in his office as a reminder.

Unfortunately, 2 years later, his car was totaled in Orange County by the son of a Body Shop that was supposed to repair a dent another Ford Dealer put into the GT's fender.

Needless to say, you better verify which dealer is offering you service, especially in these economic times.