Exhaust Part Identification

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The weather has finally improved in Texas, and after fixing a bunch of broken pipes had some time to spend with the car. In some ways, I'm still trying to figure out what I bought and I saw something I don't recall seeing before. So there is this round cylinder that says Ford Racing on it that is between the exhaust manifold and the Accufab (or what I think is an Accufab) exhaust. Between this cylinder and the triangular exhaust flange is what I guess is the O2 sensor.

Any ideas what this is? Thanks
IMG_0227 small.jpgIMG_0078.JPG

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Cat delete pipe from Ford Racing.
Hard to tell who made that xpipe but I don't think that is Accufab given the presence of the partially visualized tips on the exhaust. Accufab did not have tips...its probably GTG?

That thing is loud!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Huh......didn't expect that answer on either count.

So I'm not going to say it's loud, but I had to stop driving near cemeteries.

Still hope to catch a ride in your NFGT when Covid finally lets up.

After a search, yes I agree on the cat delete pipe...not sure if I want to keep that long term. Still have no idea what exhaust I have though.

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Huh......didn't expect that answer on either count.

So I'm not going to say it's loud, but I had to stop driving near cemeteries.

Still hope to catch a ride in your NFGT when Covid finally lets up.

After a search, yes I agree on the cat delete pipe...not sure if I want to keep that long term. Still have no idea what exhaust I have though.

Post pic from the back with the tips

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Comparing to my GTG exhaust, I don't think it is GTG. Rich's is more of a true X.

Exhaust Emblem.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As others have said quite correctly;

1. The Ford Racing large cylinders are the Cat Delete pipes (with those labeled resonators).
2. The exhaust is neither a Accufab or Heffner - looks more like a one-off
3. The OEM exhaust expansion "strap" has been irreversibly modified yet retained for this application
4. The black OEM supporting plate at the back of the transaxle has been replaced with what looks like some concoction of billet aluminum pieces

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
OK, thanks for the input everyone. I'll keep this setup for the time being, as I have higher priority things on the horizon. It does sound good though so there is that.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Agree.
Definitely not Heffner!
Best,
Mark