Exhaust modifications

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Any opinions on how this table fills out as far as power and noise levels?

1. standard manifold and muffer, lowest noise and power.
2. standard manifold and borla muffer?
3. headers and stock muffer?
4 headers and borla muffer, highest noise and power

I don't have any idea about number 2 and 3. My feeling is that option 4 would be too load, leaving me with option 2 or 3.

Also which mod would save more weight, muffer or headers?

BlackICE

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Borlas do not really increase the HP. The SVT vehicle showed an increase of approximately 5 RWHP which is very little for the bucks.

It will make the car louder if that is your goal.

Dave

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
If you really want to know what works, get hold of Randy at Performance Associates in San Dimas California. He has direct Ford connections, including a current contract with Shelby to build Mustang engines. He has done a number of GT;s with incredible horsepower gains with just the right mufflers and ignition programming. His specialty is Ford modular engines. I have one of his engines in an off road truck putting out over 650hp with no internal mods.
Give him a call at (909) 592-4441 or pahorsepower@earthlink.net

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
BlackICE,

If you get any further information on this from Randy at Performance Associates can you please post it or e-mail me as I'd like to get the informationn you've requested in your post.

Thanks,

Rob

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
BlackICE said:
Any opinions on how this table fills out as far as power and noise levels?

1. standard manifold and muffer, lowest noise and power.
2. standard manifold and borla muffer?
3. headers and stock muffer?
4 headers and borla muffer, highest noise and power

I don't have any idea about number 2 and 3. My feeling is that option 4 would be too load, leaving me with option 2 or 3.

Also which mod would save more weight, muffer or headers?

BlackICE

You forgot option fife: Direct thru exhausts... I guess we all know where that one sits on your listing... Ask Piko06 :biggrin